Deafheaven - New Bermuda

I don't understand why so many variants were needed? Oh, to get your money. Can we just get a black copy and call it a day?

As someone who's into limited editions, colored variants, and "early bird" perks – a black press of 2k or 3k and a single colored variant /1,000 would've been perfect.  I agree that there are way too many (unnecessary) variants for this release.  Really would've been nice to see Deathwish handle this release.

has to be more than 10

I haven't been following it too closely, but off the top of my head;

– Grey / white marble mix.

– Dark blue.

– Coke bottle green.

– Yellow.

– Euro "green with white marble".

– Euro pink.

– Clear.

– Band / tour "pale lavender".

– Black.

I believe that just about covers it.

Anyone want to trade my euro presses or the blue / yellow for a purple?

Not to squash your trade proposition, but trading out a euro copy is going to be a pretty hard sell.  It sounds like they're basically inferior on all fronts, which is really disappointing.  I'm probably going to sell my seafoam green at cost.

Not to squash your trade proposition, but trading out a euro copy is going to be a pretty hard sell. It sounds like they're basically inferior on all fronts, which is really disappointing. I'm probably going to sell my seafoam green at cost.

I thought the euro presses were usually better in sound? Other than the embossed cover what makes them inferior? I haven't read the last pages but mine sound perfect?

I thought the euro presses were usually better in sound? Other than the embossed cover what makes them inferior? I haven't read the last pages but mine sound perfect?

The jacket is a lot flimsier than the U.S. press, and those who've managed to score both a Euro copy and a tour / band press have done a side-by-side comparison, and find the U.S. press to sound [a bit] better.  I only ordered a Euro copy because I assumed it would sound significantly better than the stateside copies, but that doesn't appear to be the case this time around.

I haven't been following it too closely, but off the top of my head;

– Grey / white marble mix.

– Dark blue.

– Coke bottle green.

– Yellow.

– Euro "green with white marble".

– Euro pink.

– Clear.

– Band / tour "pale lavender".

– Black.

I believe that just about covers it.

Is the clear really happening?

I have the tour press and all European presses and can definitely say that (like Derek already pointed out) the US version is in all points superior to the European version. No matter if it comes to jacket or sound quality. That being said if you have the chance to cancel or trade your European copies for an US copy: do it.

They had records in Chicago last night...but they weren't the tour variant. Didn't get a chance to ask which they were, but likely something from the Euro press, as the sleeves were clearly not embossed.

Picked up a copy tonight in Toronto and all they have are black. They have a ton of them, though.