Deafheaven - New Bermuda

So what you're basically saying is that if an item (whatever it may be) is marked / coloured etc. differently to what was advertised at the time of purchase, that is OK?

If you want your vinyl product to look exactly the way it was advertised, you'll have to buy black vinyl exclusively. There's no other way to guarantee your satisfaction with colored vinyl.

thank god you didn't preorder the Pale Horses deluxe rainbow. You'd probably burn several places to the ground.

You should stop collecting vinyl records.

It's an imperfect medium. That's part of what makes it "art".

And with art, we all interpret it in different ways. On this occasion, I personally find what I have been sent to be unacceptable based upon what was originally advertised to me... We all have our opinion on it, but it doesn't make me, you or anyone else right or wrong, and just because others have differing thoughts to me, I'm not going to start being abusive to them and calling them names.

I apologise to everyone if it was annoying for me to ask a question such as this, but as you can see i'm pretty new to the forum so obviously I had no idea that this had been brought up previously, and, if it was really that annoying for you, why did you take so much time to reply over and over again? If I read something that I've already discussed a hundred times and am sick of, I tend to hit the next button and move on.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day everyone and sorry again if I (unintentionally) p*ssed any of you off.

And with art, we all interpret it in different ways. On this occasion, I personally find what I have been sent to be unacceptable based upon what was originally advertised to me... We all have our opinion on it, but it doesn't make me, you or anyone else right or wrong, and just because others have differing thoughts to me, I'm not going to start being abusive to them and calling them names.

I apologise to everyone if it was annoying for me to ask a question such as this, but as you can see i'm pretty new to the forum so obviously I had no idea that this had been brought up previously, and, if it was really that annoying for you, why did you take so much time to reply over and over again? If I read something that I've already discussed a hundred times and am sick of, I tend to hit the next button and move on.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day everyone and sorry again if I (unintentionally) p*ssed any of you off.

Can you please play the record, and come back and let us know affects playback?

Shaquille-ONeal-Wink-Kiss-On-Something-B

As far as I understood the nature of his defensive bevahior, its irrelevant if the record plays fine or not. So that is not the question here. He's returning it for not really liking the color variant he ordered, which originates in his total lack of understanding how pressing a colored record actually works. It's not a question of preference or tolerance, the big question here is how far one can be up his own ass.

I know this is not at all relevant to the thread, but its things like this that make me quite concerned about where this fucking vinyl-hype is going. First that guy in the BtS-thread opening several records in stores for the sake of checking if its the almost impossible to find limited variant, now people returning perfectly good records for having black streaks on pink vinyl. It's just too much bullshit in a too narrow time frame for me to swallow. Quit acting like fucking morons and listen to your damn records.

/rant

you straight up have to pay the plant more money to clean the previous pellets out of the machine and it's like an extra $300-500. So those streaks you see are most likely leftover from whatever was pressed before. I guarantee you if they paid it they would push the cost on to the consumer and it would have had a higher pricetag of maybe $5 or so. I think they figured no one would throw a shit fit over a couple streaks of other colors and would prefer to keep the cost as low as possible, but people bitch about everything

Mine has some blue streaks in it, no black though; but it sounds fine. While it's all about the music, and you have to accept streaks, I will admit I have a couple of records in my collection that have some annoying visual imperfections. My No Omega, Constant EP, clear with splatter, has only half a splatter.

Also more recently, Litany, released Dead to a Dying World on this crazy 200 gram, milky clear with gold and white splatter... And a lot of peoples looks really cool. Mine however looks like someone dropped a bowel of porridge on a clear vinyl...

Dude should be happy he didn't order the clear/black swirl If These Trees Could Talk "Red Forest" press that just happened earlier this dude...

Talk about a fucked up/not-as-advertised record haha.

Not only the "clear-black", but - ironically - the "ultra clear with red haze" press of the very same record turned out to be a translucent red as well.  It's not the end of the world, but there seems to be a trend with Red Forest variants being a little wonky.

So what you're basically saying is that if an item (whatever it may be) is marked / coloured etc. differently to what was advertised at the time of purchase, that is OK? Personally, I don't find that acceptable, but hey that's just my opinion. Obviously how the record plays is most important, but I do still care a lot about how my vinyl collection looks... Again, that's just my opinion. If you don't agree and have a different outlook on things, that's cool, but there's no need for everyone to jump down my throat because I simply asked a question and gave my thoughts!

I agree. Every record should come with a custom label describing the EXACT color scheme of the record - "White with a tiny amount of pink and some black streaks that look like they were made with a straightedge(see Minor Threat)". This way we won't get surprised by the errant color mark that was not described. The world will be a better place and I wouldn't have to weep when I stare at my "Mostly white with only a blemish of pink" record hanging in a frame on my wall facing the sun.

I would prefer if labels posted individual pictures of every disc.

Say they press 2000 2xLP records. I would like a giant webpage with A/B+C/D pictures for each individual available record. Then I should be able to browse the options and choose the prettiest most beautiful soul mate variant to adopt into my home.

You don't go to the shelter and say "I want to adopt a dog" and just take whatever mutt they happen to hand you, why is that acceptable for records???

Mine has some blue streaks in it, no black though; but it sounds fine. While it's all about the music, and you have to accept streaks, I will admit I have a couple of records in my collection that have some annoying visual imperfections. My No Omega, Constant EP, clear with splatter, has only half a splatter.

Also more recently, Litany, released Dead to a Dying World on this crazy 200 gram, milky clear with gold and white splatter... And a lot of peoples looks really cool. Mine however looks like someone dropped a bowel of porridge on a clear vinyl...

"Splatter", by its very definition, is imperfect.

I would prefer if labels posted individual pictures of every disc.

Say they press 2000 2xLP records. I would like a giant webpage with A/B+C/D pictures for each individual available record. Then I should be able to browse the options and choose the prettiest most beautiful soul mate variant to adopt into my home.

You don't go to the shelter and say "I want to adopt a dog" and just take whatever mutt they happen to hand you, why is that acceptable for records???

would that mean that every shade of a certain color be its own 1/1 variant? what a nightmare that would be for collectors

That argument never gets old to me. I can read shit like that for hours. Especially when Shelby gets in on it. When you buy a variant, most websites says something along the lines of "Record color may vary from mockup." But who gives a shit. "It's his opinion!!!!!! Leave him alone!!!!!" Haha!