PO: The World Is A Beautiful Place... - Harmlessness

White vinyl is the white people of vinyl variants. The worst.

Idk man, people say white people are narcissistic jerks, but I'm white and I'm pretty fucking awesome. 

Anyway, the 45rpm thing can be explained (faster speed = more groove hits the needle in the same amount of time = more detailed sound), but I've had some of every color/type of press that has sounded good, and some that have been bad. I don't think color makes a difference, I think it's all to do with the precision and care taken during the pressing process. The only sensible better-sounding color to me is clear, since there's no dye in it at all, it's pure vinyl. I've never heard that dying it makes it more durable though. And as far as 180 gram, all that does is prevent warping, the grooves are the same depth/width. Maybe some resonance in the LP itself would be different since it's thicker, but I don't think that would be noticeable with human hearing.

I might be in the minority here, but I'm really happy with how my violet/white turned out.  Sure it's mainly white, but there's enough purple in there to make it looks really cool and unique.

Also, it sounds absolutely incredible.  This was my first time listening to the whole album and it's so soooo good.  Definitely a top contender for AOTY.

Also, it sounds absolutely incredible.  This was my first time listening to the whole album and it's so soooo good.  Definitely a top contender for AOTY.

I know the album is REALLY good (I must've listened to the Mp3s like 50 times already), but is the sound quality pretty stellar on it? 

I have one copy of Whenever, If Ever that sounds fantastic (black Misspress), but my white and pink swirl/mix/whatever sounds noisy. 

Which boat am I in with the Semen/Lavendar mix?

I know the album is REALLY good (I must've listened to the Mp3s like 50 times already), but is the sound quality pretty stellar on it? 

I have one copy of Whenever, If Ever that sounds fantastic (black Misspress), but my white and pink swirl/mix/whatever sounds noisy. 

Which boat am I in with the Semen/Lavendar mix?

Oh!  When I said "it sounds absolutely incredible," I was talking about the quality of the vinyl itself.  People kept saying and speculating that it would sound shitty because it was "mostly white," but that couldn't be further from the truth.  One of the best sounding records I own.

Oh! When I said "it sounds absolutely incredible," I was talking about the quality of the vinyl itself. People kept saying and speculating that it would sound shitty because it was "mostly white," but that couldn't be further from the truth. One of the best sounding records I own.

Stoked. :)

checked on my order through epitaph and I noticed this Hope I don't have to wait an almost full month, seeing everyone else's is jealousy inducing. I'm starting to consider driving an hour to the hot topic in denver

"This release has an in-store date of 10/30/2015. Your order will ship on or before the release date."

Drove super far to the closest hot topic neither one in town got it, so I spent like 3 hours+ round trip in the car for a record I already had on order in a different color. But it's pretty damn nice sounding and I have no regrets, it's one album I wouldn't mind having an extra copy of

Drove super far to the closest hot topic neither one in town got it, so I spent like 3 hours+ round trip in the car for a record I already had on order in a different color. But it's pretty damn nice sounding and I have no regrets, it's one album I wouldn't mind having an extra copy of

Use your phone next time. Hopefully there were some other things you needed to do at the mall?