Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Well, my video is shitty but here it is. I realized after I recorded I needed to brush my hair but whatever. Spinning the record I didn't know right now and it's pretty damn cool. Not sure who you are SS, but thank you!

https://youtu.be/S4qXj64BfRU

Rad video.. but 1 point of criticism... pick happier music as the background? Spent the whole time just on the edge of my seat thinking some evil magic was about to be unleashed

Rad video.. but 1 point of criticism... pick happier music as the background? Spent the whole time just on the edge of my seat thinking some evil magic was about to be unleashed

I didn't have much choice. The rest of my family was home and making noise so I put a record on and this was the only instrumental album I currently own. Sorry though :c

I didn't have much choice. The rest of my family was home and making noise so I put a record on and this was the only instrumental album I currently own. Sorry though :c

Don't be sorry , it was still rad.. Also, enjoy that Ceremony record. Sounds nothing like that last one they put.. still quite an amazing release.

I LOVE cranium. I've never seen that edition though. All the Santas have done a great job so far!

I never saw/heard of this edition after. Will definitely play it at my next board game night with friends and report back

that is such an awesome gift! major points for including that starflyer 59 cd and a snoopy record.

Still need to check out that record. There was sooo much music in this packaged.. each of those 4 slim case CDs were various mix Cds of different genres, and one of local bands. So far I am digging the Industrial mix.

hahaha the music was my favorite part! i'd totally give him the oscar for "most dramatic reading of a christmas card" 

Dom looks nothing like his avatar. I feel deceived.

My hair starts to do the thing my avatar's is doing if I let it grow another 6 inches. I have the same eye color as the actual character too (depending on what I'm wearing, my eyes are weird and change a bit depending on my clothes). Not exactly but a little. Issei is still my spirit animal

Well, my video is shitty but here it is. I realized after I recorded I needed to brush my hair but whatever. Spinning the record I didn't know right now and it's pretty damn cool. Not sure who you are SS, but thank you! https://youtu.be/S4qXj64BfRU

Alright, it's late but I just finished the "Lost at Sea" book and thanks Santa, I really needed that read right now in my life. I just needed to hear/read that shit in a way I could connect with. Sounds stupid and punch drunk Rez will probably regret spilling his guts here tomorrow morning, but hardly any sleep all week Rez says it's cool, so it is for now :P

BILLY. YOU SONOFABITCH.

Willpower doesn't exist when you have your packages and a knife shoved in your face with the words "dooooooo it."

Thank you so much, dude. You nailed it on the LP. I think my actual last post (before this one) was about it.

I recognize some of the songs on the mix but not all of them. I will give that a listen as soon as I get a chance! 

0ioZRVX.jpg?1

ejBScyX.jpg?1

_note

PvgTSms.jpg?1

_stan

(This is what made me officially cave. I pulled out the piece of paper and saw the blue and red.

I thought it was a Mr. Meeseeks plush at first. I've been binging on South Park for the past couple of weeks, too. Perfect.)

qKfYN09.jpg?1

_nyc postcards

(YES, so much yes. and to answer your inquiry, I don't collect any style in particular.

I like to grab something from everywhere I visit and the classic style is always cool. I dig all of these.)

CMzekca.jpg?1

_anne | power exchange 7"

(I have no idea what this is, but I'm stoked to hear it.)

dexEkbP.jpg?1

_the decemberists | make you better 7"

(I'm not immediately familiar with this, but I do dig me some Decemberists.)

oliKWtL.jpg?1

_tim kasher & chris warren | you be me for a while 7"

(I'm so excited to listen to this, the concept is rad. and anything Tim Kasher is gold.)

Y5a2hqy.jpg?1

_the honorary title | anything else but the truth (white/black split & olive green)

(So stoked on this. I've been listening to this record for ten years and a lot of good feelings and memories are attached to it. I didn't pick it up when it was available for some dumb reason.)

I am a happy Who from Whoville.

No video from me folks, sorry!

But here is my haul;

tumblr_ny1vwrb8pp1r8tq5oo1_1280.jpg

I am super stocked about all of this stuff, my SS did a wicked job.

Note included was as followed;

"Hello and Happy Holidays!

I hope you enjoy your gifts! We have very very different tastes, which I’m sure you can tell if you listened to my mix CDs. It sort of made buying for you a challenge.

I wanted to get you something school related and I found the drumstick pencils. Killed two birds with one stone on those. Good luck with classes!

I’ve always meant to play Portal but just haven’t gotten around to it. I love ‘ThinkGeek’ and their stuff so I knew the ice cube tray would be great. Unfortunately when it arrived the top of the bag was almost ripped off. Sorry about that L

On to the records! Soundtracks seem to be your bread and butter so I hope the two I got hit the nail on the head. And I hope it completes your M83 collection. I snooped on your instagram and saw you said it was the last one you needed. I just hope you didn’t grab either of these before you receive your gift.

The Tron 10” is really neat. If I could’ve afforded it, I wanted to get you all three colors, but the blue to me looked the best. Speaking of looking the best, I bought it from ebay where of course it was over graded. I tried cleaning up poly sleeve and I gave the record a nice brushing and test spin. I’m really sorry about the quality. It’s pretty embarrassing actually.

Two mix CDs! I’m a pretty big Brand New fan myself so I’m hoping you either know some of these bands already, already like them, or will like them after giving this a listen. Some songs I chose because they were more ‘instrumental’ which I thought you might like. If the track names don’t come up for you I can send you a listing."

I am super happy to finally own Interstellar, I have been procrastinating about getting it even though it is super amazing. Also pumped you on the M83 soundtrack, again Ive just been lazy about getting it. Now I officially have every M83 full length, collection complete  :) 

BUT the best thing of all has to be the TRON picture disk (thats right I'm excited about a picture disk!). I have wanted to start buying them for soooo long, but the prices are just insane. Honestly it is in fine condition, it is far more a collectors item then it is something to actually listen to. So really no worries.

The portal ice cube tray is super sweet as well as the drum stick pencils.

BUT the track listing did not show up on the CD's, so make sure to send that!

I am really not 100% on who my SS is, but my guess is danionly????

If Im wrong let me know! Either way, thanks a bunch, I am very happy.

Well, my video is shitty but here it is. I realized after I recorded I needed to brush my hair but whatever. Spinning the record I didn't know right now and it's pretty damn cool. Not sure who you are SS, but thank you!

https://youtu.be/S4qXj64BfRU

Watching you start to read "go ham", then pause, think for a second, then finally say it in a confused tone was great.  Also I expected you to have coloured swoopy emo bangs, and a high pitched voice.  I was off.

BILLY. YOU SONOFABITCH.

Willpower doesn't exist when you have your packages and a knife shoved in your face with the words "dooooooo it."

Thank you so much, dude. You nailed it on the LP. I think my actual last post (before this one) was about it.

I recognize some of the songs on the mix but not all of them. I will give that a listen as soon as I get a chance! 

I am a happy Who from Whoville.

I am glad that you like it! I saw your post about The Honorary Title and panicked. I had to tip off David the Gnome to make sure you didn't unknowingly wind up with a double. I'm not sure if you touched his hands, but that Stan plus talks. haha. Enjoy!

No video from me folks, sorry!

But here is my haul;

tumblr_ny1vwrb8pp1r8tq5oo1_1280.jpg

I am super stocked about all of this stuff, my SS did a wicked job.

Note included was as followed;

"Hello and Happy Holidays!

I hope you enjoy your gifts! We have very very different tastes, which I’m sure you can tell if you listened to my mix CDs. It sort of made buying for you a challenge.

I wanted to get you something school related and I found the drumstick pencils. Killed two birds with one stone on those. Good luck with classes!

I’ve always meant to play Portal but just haven’t gotten around to it. I love ‘ThinkGeek’ and their stuff so I knew the ice cube tray would be great. Unfortunately when it arrived the top of the bag was almost ripped off. Sorry about that L

On to the records! Soundtracks seem to be your bread and butter so I hope the two I got hit the nail on the head. And I hope it completes your M83 collection. I snooped on your instagram and saw you said it was the last one you needed. I just hope you didn’t grab either of these before you receive your gift.

The Tron 10” is really neat. If I could’ve afforded it, I wanted to get you all three colors, but the blue to me looked the best. Speaking of looking the best, I bought it from ebay where of course it was over graded. I tried cleaning up poly sleeve and I gave the record a nice brushing and test spin. I’m really sorry about the quality. It’s pretty embarrassing actually.

Two mix CDs! I’m a pretty big Brand New fan myself so I’m hoping you either know some of these bands already, already like them, or will like them after giving this a listen. Some songs I chose because they were more ‘instrumental’ which I thought you might like. If the track names don’t come up for you I can send you a listing."

I am super happy to finally own Interstellar, I have been procrastinating about getting it even though it is super amazing. Also pumped you on the M83 soundtrack, again Ive just been lazy about getting it. Now I officially have every M83 full length, collection complete  :) 

BUT the best thing of all has to be the TRON picture disk (thats right I'm excited about a picture disk!). I have wanted to start buying them for soooo long, but the prices are just insane. Honestly it is in fine condition, it is far more a collectors item then it is something to actually listen to. So really no worries.

The portal ice cube tray is super sweet as well as the drum stick pencils.

BUT the track listing did not show up on the CD's, so make sure to send that!

I am really not 100% on who my SS is, but my guess is danionly????

If Im wrong let me know! Either way, thanks a bunch, I am very happy.

Yes it's me! :D

I'll PM you the track listing when I get home from work. It's been years since I've burned a CD so I had no idea how to get it to include track info.

Watching you start to read "go ham", then pause, think for a second, then finally say it in a confused tone was great.  Also I expected you to have coloured swoopy emo bangs, and a high pitched voice.  I was off.

Sorry to disappoint, but my hair was messy as shit so maybe that was still worth a giggle :P

Got mine today, everything about it is a awesome and it's definitely Ronnie. Funny that we got each other in back to back years.

Can i open the envelope now? Will post pics tomorrow.

Yeah man, I knew you'd guess it instantly. I was stoked I got you. I was actually gonna send you some pomade, since you sent me some last year, but I know how loyal you are to Suavecito. Nothing crazy exciting in the envelope, just some merch that would've given the mystery away. Happy holidays, Ian!