Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

Judging by the bands on the mixes, the location, and the overall vibe... My SS is deadreckoning! Dude! Thank you so much! I'm excited to dive in with all of this music and the other stuff is rad too!

Here's a quick rundown of the gifts I received:

Hesher - DVD - I was not aware that this movie existed, but I am so stoked to watch it!

Pleasure Leftists - The Woods of Heaven LP - again, not familiar, but I just listened to "You You" and I'm excited to hear the rest!

The King of New Orleans - I dig JYD and I've heard stories, but I've never gotten to know him too well. This will be a fun read!

Love Letter - game - little games like this are a lot of fun! This had been on my radar, but I don't have it yet!

Book of 5 mix CDs, different genres - Wow! Seriously, this is amazing! So much new (to me) stuff! I have a feeling I'm gonna like a lot of this.

Fossil scallop shells from Calvert Cliffs, MD! Sweet!

Some random stickers and whatnot. Laughs and smiles ensued.

And now for a few pictures...

vwDnSu0.jpg

(she was eating yogurt)

BXIJId2.jpg

XZk4jIJ.jpg

Thanks so so so much, again! I hope my SS likes their gifts as much as I enjoyed receiving these! Merry Christmas!

Spot on. I assumed i was pretty incognito around here (like a douchey ninja); however, i have been pushing the awesome of the Pleasure Leftists LP. I hope you dig the music. Full Disclosure: my wife helped me put together the CD booklet, i.e., she folded all the paper. She's crafty. I still think it needs another disc to fully round it out...

I opened mine this morning and discovered it was just gift 1/2 and I'm in shock.  The box I have is just packed tight with gifts that were individually wrapped.  I'm debating whether posting pictures now or waiting for the second box (held up in the stupid zip code fuck up by me) but I might cave and post.

My jaw hit the floor when I was opening this!!!!!

I can get SoS pretty easy peasy Jacob. 3 other VC dudes got some Christmas cans. PM me if you need a hand.

pming you!!

incoming massive VC post!!!!

WHERE TO BEGIN!

WHERE TO BEGIN!

WHERE TO BEGIN!

so the box was huge and I opened it up, removed the paper wrapping, and here's what I found!

CU6Wc41.jpg

individually wrapped gifts!  and the first thing i noticed were the cute little totoro themed keychain things!  This really felt like a christmas morning to me, since as I've said before I've never opened presents before on Christmas, and now I have a box filled with individually wrapped presents, and I could already tell from the Totoro's that I was gonna love everything inside!!!

AjC7gls.jpg?1

there were four total and they are so rad as you can tell.

Here's a picture of them all placed side by side:

GWHbEbC.jpg

Here are the stickers, which include a Kiki, a no sleep record, a VG HC sticker, and more.

Pt3qPrp.jpg

Two awesome records that I don't have yet in my collection. I cannot wait to listen to the Mogwai one especially.  I only have one Mogwai LP so this is incredibly exciting.  And The Decemberists one I didn't even know existed, and I'm getting close to having all of their records (kind of) and since they are my favorite band, this is absolutely perfect. ahhhh!  Did I mention my jaw has hit the floor already??  I wished I filmed my reaction to all of this.

88tOBiR.jpg

and then there was secret anime toy, that could be one of like 12 different characters. 

ixsek0W.png

OF COURSE the VC gods shined down and I opened it up and got one from an anime I not only just recently watched, but really really enjoyed too!  BLACK BUTLER!!!

My SS is simply one hell of a gift giver!

yPtLAUq.jpg

next up was a hockey puck!  I actually don't have any hockey pucks which is absurd when compared to the amount of hockey I watch.

eIEfjvJ.jpg

and then we're still not finished!  I got a vegan cook book, one I've actually heard a LOT about online.  It's great to finally own this, and I can't wait to follow the recipes.

LGJhE52.png

here is a close up of the totoros!

m9Wh5cZ.jpg

now that's all in the first box..... but wait!

There was another package too that was in my mailbox!

I opened this to find a note potentially revealing my SS and also this awesome NFG christmas cassette.

xYJbCDh.jpg

and a note which helped me reveal who my SS was!

8rpQnLL.jpg

UEkzbyo.jpg

my SS is none other than the marvelous Sterling Archer TacoKnight!!!!  thank you so much Nic.  Your gift true made me beam.  I don't think I've smiled like that in a while, and I was in a great mood all day.  Thank you thank you thank you!

here is a picture of all your gifts in one.  Thank you!!

9itBGTy.jpg

There was another package too that was in my mailbox!

I opened this to find a note potentially revealing my SS and also this awesome NFG christmas cassette.

xYJbCDh.jpg

and a note which helped me reveal who my SS was!

8rpQnLL.jpg

UEkzbyo.jpg

my SS is none other than the marvelous Sterling Archer TacoKnight!!!! thank you so much Nic. Your gift true made me beam. I don't think I've smiled like that in a while, and I was in a great mood all day. Thank you thank you thank you!

here is a picture of all your gifts in one. Thank you!!

9itBGTy.jpg

Dude! So happy that everything made it in time and super stoked that you didn't have that cookbook yet! Their style and recipes felt like something I would enjoy - have fun with it! That hockey puck came from when I was working for Bridgestone. I don't know how good it is for actual use as a puck, but it looks cool! :D

Thanks for being fun to find gifts for! Merry Christmas!

Oh! That VGHC sticker is from Violent Gentlemen (if you didn't know - or if anyone else didn't know and they want awesome [mostly] hockey related clothing!).

It was actually me! I guess my hints were a bit too subtle. ;)

Glad you like everything, though! The Batmanga book is the English translation of the original manga adaptation of the comic series, back from the short-lived Batman craze Japan went through in the mid-1960s. I asked the guy who runs my local comic shop what would be a good gift for a Batman fan, and he suggested this, so I flipped through a few pages and it seemed too cool not to get. Also, glad to hear about the Kishi Bashi album working out for your ladyfriend! Happy coincidence, haha.

That comic looks so cool! Thanks again, I really love it all

aO1dKNK.jpg?1

I haven't visited this thread since November 7th because I wanted to save all the Christmas goodness for actual Christmas like the lil loser boy I am, but now in going through all the posts I realize I should have at least said that I received my package... so my bad on that one. A great big thank you for this package, I really love it. You did a great job with the records because I've always intended to listen to these bands but haven't gotten around to it. Only one I'm not familiar with is The Dead Milkmen, so that should be a good surprise. I saw Title Fight open for Circa Survive last year and they put on such a good show, so I'm especially excited for that one. Love the slipmat, had to look up the song it was referencing. I recognized the tiki necklace (NA-NA-NA-NA) right away and thought it was hilarious hahahah. Thank you so much, you're very thoughtful and I appreciate it all. Merry Christmas

Just be reminded guys.. if people decide to not post photos by the 1st, they'll be no next year secret santa for ya. it gets frustrating having to remind people yearly as it upsets some people. Well, unless you haven't gotten your gift yet.

Just be reminded guys.. if people decide to not post photos by the 1st, they'll be no next year secret santa for ya. it gets frustrating having to remind people yearly as it upsets some people. Well, unless you haven't gotten your gift yet.

i won't be able to post a photo by the 1st. got my packages on the 22nd and flew out of town the same day, and won't be home until the 3rd.

Agreed. Unless contacted due to a situation. I've enjoyed seeing all the creativity this year.

Package #3

I am a huge MBD fan. However, i did not own "Who Will Survive..." on vinyl until now. Thanks so much! It was sent from CO and sender has attended the Stanley Hotel shows. I am jealous. I was not familiar with Spitfire or Accident Prone. Spitfires is screamy hardcore and Accident Prone is more punkish HC from Norfolk.

Murder by Death - Who Will Survive... 2x12" - Black & White

Spitfire - Self-Help 12" - Black /100 with Demo 7" /300

Accident Prone - Idle Hands 7" - Black /250

MBD_SS_Gifts_zpsbnqydnf4.jpg

Did this happen to be from seangj? and possibly my early gift too?? I need to hone my reading comprehension skills...

Agreed. Unless contacted due to a situation. I've enjoyed seeing all the creativity this year.

yeah, there's a few that are still waiting on 2nd packages.. a few who aren't even home yet as they are on xmas vacation.. those people  have a valid reason.. but to those who received theres,  never made made mention and just ignored this and all the instructions all together.. yeah, it kinda sucks..

I'll try to get 'em up tonight.  My life has recently been mercilessly buttfucked by the universe, but I should be able to manage.

i won't be able to post a photo by the 1st. got my packages on the 22nd and flew out of town the same day, and won't be home until the 3rd.

post a pic when you can. you at least posted a quick rundown of what you got, so i'll consider that a half-point for now and you can do the whole pics shabang when you get back ;) a few people didn't even do that much.

here's my current list of naughty non-pic posters:

ScottHeisel, elcowboyrojo, jhulud, thefavoriteplay, cesar11...not counting a couple people who i know are still waiting on things to arrive.

oh. and i'm i know i'm also guilty of not posting yet. i actually waited to open mine since i wasn't feeling very christmassy on christmas...will post pics tonight or tomorrow :)

Was this from ajhall04? If so, thanks! i dig these records. Also, Wolfpack!

Package #2

I was not familiar with Early Graves or Hidden Masters. Early Graves is fast heavy hardcore while Hidden Masters is a Scottish psychedelic rock band. Both Good Stuff. Thanks! This came from Durham. I used to live in Raleigh, it is a small world.

Early Graves - Red Horse 12" - White /200

Hidden Masters - Of This & Other Worlds 12" - Black /300

Rations - Martyrs and Prisoners 7" - White /1000

HM_SS_Gifts_zps38emzpsw.jpg

I opened my box on Christmas, and this is what was inside.

914B2FEE-FFCD-4AC0-A1DB-5FB736F07F64_zps

I really wanted that Mutiod Man. It's one of my favorites this year. It has been years since I heard Mineral, and it takes me back. My wife is going to steal the inflatable wreath for her classroom, and my daughter and I have watched a few episodes of Captain Planet. The Broncos sweat shirt is awesome. I am going to wear it tomorrow to the game.

The only clue was that this person has been my secret Santa before. I have to guess Mean 3arls. Thanks man!