PO: Baroness - Purple

I can respect your opinion, but you're literally the only person I've met who shares that stance. More power to you, though; that record doesn't get a lot of love.

It should be noted that Green was the first material I'd ever heard from the band. That always seems to skew my opinion.

My order: 1st/2nd, blue, red, yellow/green

Mine is the same but I don't even count Yellow/Green. Third is probably between Blue and Red. The vocals on those make me cringe. Baroness has been one of my favorite groups but I couldn't make it through Yellow or Green in one sitting. I haven't listened to either one since the week they came out. I'll be all over the PO for the new one regardless.

Mine is the same but I don't even count Yellow/Green. Third is probably between Blue and Red. The vocals on those make me cringe. Baroness has been one of my favorite groups but I couldn't make it through Yellow or Green in one sitting. I haven't listened to either one since the week they came out. I'll be all over the PO for the new one regardless.

Yup. Same on yellow/green. I'll stream it before I buy the new one probably even if it means missing out on a limited variant though.

Interesting.  Thanks for sharing!

Hopefully this allows them a lot more freedom...

What do you mean here?  I don't by any means know, but I'm assuming Relapse lets their artists do what they want.  I don't picture them as a controlling label.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

What do you mean here? I don't by any means know, but I'm assuming Relapse lets their artists do what they want. I don't picture them as a controlling label.

Well I don't mean specifically Relapse, but I guess with any band there are always going to be ideas and concepts which labels will challenge or disagree with on the basis of wanting a return on their investment.

John Baizley is obviously a very creative person (as I'm sure the rest of the band are), so I guess it's just nice that they are now at a stage where they can say to Relapse (or anyone) "Thanks, but we're ready to do this alone, and do what we want".

The book for Yellow/Green was also a huge disappointment. I was already incredibly disappointed in the music before I got the album, but I was really looking foreward to a bunch of new Baizley art to eyeball for hours. I understand those pieces were from his early/formative years but not what I was hoping for at all.

Super amped on this new lavender record!

Interesting, the Yellow and Green art is supposed to be an image of right before something terrible happens. Crazy with the bus wreck and everything right around that time.

Anyhow, anyone want to sell a copy of the yellow/green deluxe lp that hated it? I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Deluxe or regular, preferably yellow green vinyl. JAH.