MOONSHAKE RECORDS THREAD.

Satan

The album cover for the test press release is this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/6ybFu9EgLv/

Which I love. The ode to sergeant pepper's is cool by me also, and though some don't like it, the "I drew this at school" look, which is what he was looking for, really suits the album well. Hate on if you must though. Just glad I'm getting all five variants.

Not defending him or arguing, but I feel it's worth pointing out that's incorrect. He's never pretended these are licensed and has always been straight forward about them not being official records. I've been buying since his fist forum post where he made it perfectly clear what buyers were getting was a "homebrew" effort. Also, since then, he's stated repeatedly that he's super excited to get actual licenses for upcoming records, and what a drag it's been that so many companies have just brushed him off (which is why he started making bootlegs). So yeah, there's that.

He's also let people know that these covers are homages to other albums because, basically, of a "screw it, they're not licensed so I'll do what I want" (my words, not his), mentality That's why I'm super excited for his upcoming licensed titles, as at least one will have previously unseen asset art never before used in print or publicly shown (iirc).

As for being "fakes", sure, they're bootlegs, and I'd LOVE to support licensed records, and I do regularly, but in this case he's getting and trying to get those licenses and not just continuing bootlegging to maximize a buck. He's building up a good reputation for quality and putting out records which otherwise we wouldn't be seeing. And he's not the only one doing that, but he's at least straight forward about it. For instance that unlicensed "rererelease" of Koji Kondo's Super Mario Bros 45 that's basically a clone of the original, that's being passed off as legit, and looks like a licensed product. That's going into a 3rd repressing. That's a lot different, IMO, because at least these are one-off runs nobody is going to mistake as the real deal. I mean you know what you're getting from first sight, which is nice.

Just saying.

The album cover for the test press release is this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/6ybFu9EgLv/

Which I love. The ode to sergeant pepper's is cool by me also, and though don't like it, the "I drew this at school" look, which is what he was looking for, really suits the album well. Hate on if you must though. Just glad I'm getting all five variants.

That's what I love about all his art. For example, the melted pokeball in that test pressing image looks exactly like when mine did when I first made one in 5th grade.

Actually not true. He came here and tried to tell us all he was paying the artists directly and thats why he didnt have licenses lol.

Actually I read those posts, and he does donate to the artist's. He didn't use that as an excuse to not to get licenses. He stated that to show he wasn't doing it as a cash grab, and he does have two licensed albums coming out. He started this all on Nintendo Age stating he couldn't get licenses, and at the time he was seeking the artists contact info.

But obviously I'm not going to convince you, and you're not going to do the research to back up your claims so I'll not bother continuing posting responses.

Guys, guys, wait... I think there's something to this.

Not just one, or two, or even four, but FIVE of you all got shipping notifications? That can't be a coincidence.

You know - I didn't want to say it, but... I think he might have started shipping the records.

:o

but for real, which variants did y'all order?? throw some pics up when you get them in. I skipped out on this one for the artwork alone, but I'm really curious about how they turned out.