PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

My clear one came on Saturday. Last night I went to bed early and the last thing I did was play the new album. I woke up this morning and saw the news that he died. That was a little eerie and was the worst way to start the work week.

I've always liked Bowie since I was a little kid. When I was in grade school in the 70's (yes, I'm a dinosaur) I used to play my dad's "Changesonebowie" album all the time.

Me too. Before I stumbled across punk rock in the early 80's, it was Bowie who let me know that it was okay to be different. 

I know there's not a good chance for this, but I've been trying to track down a clear copy all weekend to no avail. And now this awful news.

If anyone has an extra or could help me out, please let me know.

Same boat man. I am in Canada however so my chances are slim to none. Glad I have the standard press. I shouldn't have waited on local shops.

I actually was listening to the album for the first time last night. Every one of my friends had been impressed by it, and I really enjoyed the Next Day so I needed to. I was so pleased at how good this album was and how he really went above and beyond when most artists of his age aren't releasing that kind of quality material. I ended up preordering the album on BN before the news broke. Dunno if I'll end up with that version of the record, but if not, I'm definitely getting this record on wax. The man deserves it. Farewell, Thin White Duke.

hewlett_bowie.jpg

Order confirmation isn't the same as shipping confirmation

Here you go "bud" http://imgur.com/ltPcveA

Edit: You did say "shopping" confirmation... Haven't gotten a shipping confirmation yet. Who knows if it will get canceled or not. But I was able to buy it about an hour ago. 

Edit 2: My cc was charged. Not sure if that's a step in the right direction or not?