PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

I dont have the clear vinyl but I think the black suites better. Also would be hilarious if the black one is actually limited to 4000 copies. Seems like its sold out everywhere in Europe anyway, im sure there will be an identical repress but the sticker on front would probably be different. Similar case like it was with the last Beck album which first press sold out in about a week.

I dont have the clear vinyl but I think the black suites better. Also would be hilarious if the black one is actually limited to 4000 copies. Seems like its sold out everywhere in Europe anyway, im sure there will be an identical repress but the sticker on front would probably be different. Similar case like it was with the last Beck album which first press sold out in about a week.

Yeah, seems like it's gone in every place you can visit. Even Amazon has a 3 week dispatch time.

I was lucky to see that Amoeba e-mail and pick on up.  I listened to the record for the first time this morning, pretty solid effort, especially given how sick he must have been while doing it.  That being said, I still like Freddie's final effort with Queen better.  Innuendo is such a killer record.

Man i'm so retarded...i just looked at the gatefold sleeve and realised that the star-part-thing-constellation on the cover under the big star spells BOWIE, never thought about it really, am i the only one who didn't get that?

I didn't either; was too busy being bothered by the asymmetry lol

I realize his death must have propelled sales considerably but I still can't believe that they can't keep this thing in stock and that the distributor is projecting April for replenishing the supply.

I would have to assume there are a lot of Bowie fans out there who have no interest in vinyl who are only picking this up physically because of his death. Also, the countless number of people who don't know a lot about vinyl and represses, who are buying black copies thinking that their value is going to skyrocket.

So my BN order is still being processed and talking to the customer service people, it sounds like they got overloaded with orders and the people that ordered even before the announcement might end up getting screwed over. She said they were trying to get that figured out but don't expected your record to be coming on that delivery date. Cancellations are going to be coming soon I feel.