The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

4 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Really? That's lame. I've always got a huge box with lots of bubble wrap and cardboard inserts 

This is all I've gotten, too. But, after 2-3 tries I swore off ordering online from them anymore, because the record kept getting jostled and damaged in transit. It wasn't secured well in the box at all.

Edited by PC Music

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Invada aquamarine variant... Very hyped for this one. 

Guess there will be another thread for this at some point but Amazon (UK) have a pre-order up (£39?!?!) for the Vol. 2 vinyl: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KA4MVFM/

edit: just noticed that Amazon has Vol. 2 listed as being released before Vol. 1?! :rolleyes:

Edited by SE7EN

Just now, SE7EN said:

Got the Invada aquamarine variant... Bit bummed out at the £5.49 shipping but still very hyped for this one. 

Guess there will be another thread for this at some point but Amazon (UK) have a pre-order up (£39?!?!) for the Vol. 2 vinyl: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KA4MVFM/

Oct. 14th release? Whaaaat?

Regarding the thread, I'll change the title to indicate this is the place for any ST-related discussion. Because once the box set with both volumes comes, people would be all over the place.

2 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Can't wait to buy volumes 1 & 2 separately and then spend even more on the boxset because boxset. 

I had preordered nearly every Vol. 1 variant, because of sheer stupidity and recklessness, and came to my senses over the weekend that I just want the box set. So I canceled all of them sans the Relapse red, since I worry the box may take quite a while to come out. Invada's newsletter today said they're still working out details on Vol. 2 and the box.

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I had preordered nearly every Vol. 1 variant, because of sheer stupidity and recklessness, and came to my senses over the weekend that I just want the box set. So I canceled all of them sans the Relapse red, since I worry the box may take quite a while to come out. Invada's newsletter today said they're still working out details on Vol. 2 and the box.

I'm just getting the clear with smoke from my local. If they announce the box at the same time as vol. 2, I'll skip vol. 2 and sell my vol. 1 if I can. I need to clear out some space as it is. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

http://pitchfork.com/news/68800-stranger-things-ost-vol-2-vinyl-release-detailed/

The Netflix original series “Stranger Things” is scored by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein (of the Austin band S U R V I V E). A vinyl release for the soundtrack’s first volume was recently announced. Now, the second volume’s release has been detailed. It’s out November 18 in the U.S. via Lakeshore Records and December 2 in the UK and the rest of the world, via Geoff Barrow’s label Invada. Check out the cover and gatefold art below.

Having a hard time keeping track of all those release dates? Here’s how it all breaks down:

Stranger Things Vol. 1

October 14: CD release (UK)
October 21: CD release (U.S.)
October 28: LP release (everywhere)

Stranger Things Vol. 2

October 28: CD release (U.S.)
November 4: CD release (UK)
November 18: LP release (U.S.)
December 2: LP release (U.K.)

strangerthings2gatefold.jpg

It it has the same exact cover as Vol. 1, with just the title changed to reflect Vol. 2. Sorta bummed about that.