The STRANGER THINGS (Netflix) Thread

6 minutes ago, VinylSandwich said:

How many Stranger Things variants can possibly be issued?

I feel like I've seen a new exclusive, limited pressing, extra special, Stranger Things record every day for the past three weeks. 

It's really good for everyone, because once the dust settles you'll be able to get both of these for cheap. 

so here's my question: with all the hype and infinite variants, is the soundtrack actually any good? I loved it while watching the show, but I've tried listening to the album(s) a couple times and end up just switching to something else. maybe I'm not in the right mood when I've tried, but maybe it's just not worth listening to? this is one of the major factors that made me cancel my initial preorders.

I know... the hobby

7 minutes ago, 16Shells said:

so here's my question: with all the hype and infinite variants, is the soundtrack actually any good? 

I think it's a great soundtrack. The first time watching the show I wasn't sure how some of the music would hold up on its own, but it's really damn good. Some may argue it would be stronger if it had been condensed but I'm glad they didn't skimp on the release.

But yeah, if you don't typically find yourself listening to this genre of music I could understand why your interest may wane after a while of listening.

On October 14, 2016 at 9:14 PM, 16Shells said:

so here's my question: with all the hype and infinite variants, is the soundtrack actually any good? I loved it while watching the show, but I've tried listening to the album(s) a couple times and end up just switching to something else. maybe I'm not in the right mood when I've tried, but maybe it's just not worth listening to? this is one of the major factors that made me cancel my initial preorders.

Some things are worth the hype, this however, is not. you made the right decision