Bongload Records Anniversary Presses Available now - Beck and Elliott Smith

8 minutes ago, bossdj26 said:

So my Mellow Gold copy from Zia is pretty warped. Anyone else have the same issue? It looks like it might have been left out in the sun - the glue actually came undone on the sleeve.

Zia has a very odd "no returns" policy about warp damage that is begging to be tested for enforceability.  They actually tell you, ahead of time, that if a copy is warped to just push the sides down repeatedly until the warp goes away (lol).  I know you can get your money back via PayPal but I'm curious to see if it's as easy with a credit card chargeback (Zia didn't take PayPal but someone could have used a PayPal debit card).  If you go down a return/refund route, let us know how strict they try to stay with their ludicrous return policy.

I ordered a copy of "XO" from Zia.

Charge never went through. I send them an e-mail asking whether I placed my order on time to get one. They did not respond.

Tried calling the Tempe store to see which location handles mail order. Put me on hold for ten minutes, then sent me to voice mail.

Ordered from Bong Load soon after.;)

When I saw the Beck albums in store, I was pretty underwhelmed with the packaging. It was a single thing sleeve, and most of the corners had some sort of damage on 'em. I have the 4LP Odelay box set and Mellow Gold isn't one of my favorite Beck albums, so I decided to pass on them.

That being said, I'd instantly buy Midnite Vultures if it ever went up.