P.O. NOW mewithoutYou Collector's Editions/Everything Else Thread

1 hour ago, danmpie7 said:

Might be a hot opinion but PH is top 2 for me from them. 

Musically, you might not be wrong. But didn’t he confirm in an interview that the lyrics on PH are just nonsense? So that’s a minor tick down for me because I like my mwY lyrics to be contextually rich.

Edited by MCDELTAT

1 hour ago, danmpie7 said:

Might be a hot opinion but PH is top 2 for me from them. I know mwY gate keepers will insist Catch or A-B is far superior (Which the GK can suck my shit because I've been on them as long if not longer that most people I know or talk about them) but it just is personally so flawless top to bottom so I am really excited for this release. Also, they are such a class act repressing and putting this out for so cheap. It cost more to ship that the actual product. My wife actually told me about it in passing last night assuming I already saw it but I wasn't really on social media the last few days so I am glad she did. 

Pale Horses is also in the top for me! Basically the album that got me to fangirl level (and saw them perform many times before PH released). 

2 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Musically, you might not be wrong. But didn’t he confirm in an interview that the lyrics on PH are just nonsense? So that’s a minor tick down for me because I like my mwY lyrics to be contextually rich.

I mean nonsense to me is like Nirvana song when they literally make no sense. These songs still make sense lyrically. They aren't just words they actually tell some sort of story or something. 

On 6/15/2023 at 3:13 PM, backpackoat said:

Awesome. Also now we finally know for sure how badly we are getting shafted by labels at nowadays' 2xLP prices of $40-$50 if cost is only $7.

Nah, I'm sure the price is not reflective of a normal situation.  I'm sure they got the replacements at a very discounted price themselves due to the fuck up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

Pale horses reissue friday at noon

😪 I've been not looking forward to this day. I like my Deluxe Rainbow Pale Horses. It's got some fun pre-order stories. I couldn't sell that, but I also kinda don't want 2? Yet it's my favorite album.

So.....I'm gonna grab this?

I wonder if they'll do Untitled. Honestly doesn't make sense other than to put the LP# on the side.

35 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

😪 I've been not looking forward to this day. I like my Deluxe Rainbow Pale Horses. It's got some fun pre-order stories. I couldn't sell that, but I also kinda don't want 2? Yet it's my favorite album.

I wonder if they'll do Untitled. Honestly doesn't make sense other than to put the LP# on the side.

Same situation with pale horses but I’ll buy this because I have the first five deluxe sets haha

The gatefold on the deluxe is neat but I don’t enjoy babying it anytime I want to listen to it.  Too many easily foldable edges to get caught on.  I’d much rather have something in the style of the previous boxes… for both function and consistency.

Maybe worse than that, though, is whatever pile of Rasta puke the “rainbow” vinyl turned out to be.  Always hated looking at that thing on the turntable.  Upgrading without a second thought.

11 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

I feel like they will. They aren't a cash grab band but what they are are perfectionists and if they don't do that one it wouldn't look right on my shelf so I feel they will come through for that reason alone.