Interscope Vinyl Collective

jhulud

58 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Mine is roughly the same, but the destroyed FedEx facility is NOT the one my package left a few days ago. It hung out in Ohio longer than anyone should be forced to. Hopefully it doesn't hit Jersey too, the poor package!

My favorite Ohio anecdote of all time is this:

I was driving cross country with my at the time girlfriend, east to west coast. We drove straight through the middle of the country because why the fuck not, right? We're going through West Virginia (gross) and we get to the Ohio border and stop at literally the first place we see to use the bathroom.

I walk in the door to this gas station bathroom and the first thing I see, not written huge or angrily - just kind of small and matter of fact, "West Virginia fucking sucks." I've chuckles to myself every time I've thought about that for the last 12 years.

"Ohio: at least it's better than WV," will forever be their motto to me.

2 hours ago, LeeKaye said:

Do the records ship with any receipts/printed invoices in the packaging at all?  May sound like a strange question, but I use a forwarding service, and need to know for customs stuff.

There was nothing inside the mailer other than the album. No receipt or invoice or packing slip or anything else. Just the album. 

15 minutes ago, xen0m0rph said:

AUGUST

ELLIOTT SMITH – “XO” IVC EDITION

Deluxe Edition featuring 180G color vinyl and more. Full details coming soon in July.

Was really hoping for Figure 8.  Odd choice for interscope given how many different pressings there are of XO. 

7 minutes ago, rhythmgtr5 said:

Was really hoping for Figure 8.  Odd choice for interscope given how many different pressings there are of XO. 

😭 Same

Gotta say though, Betty looks good and the litho of original art is quite helpful because I'm not a fan of the new cover as much. 

5 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

😭 Same

Gotta say though, Betty looks good and the litho of original art is quite helpful because I'm not a fan of the new cover as much. 

Yeah I still do not like Derek Hess at all. Glad there is at least a litho of the OG art

6 hours ago, rhythmgtr5 said:

Isn't there only like one pressing of XO that doesn't sound horrible or has there been a recent one I'm not aware of? The back in black Figure 8 Euro press hasn't been hard to come by as far as I'm aware and sounds great. XO had no such readily available good pressing last I checked.

8 hours ago, Shelby said:

Isn't there only like one pressing of XO that doesn't sound horrible or has there been a recent one I'm not aware of? The back in black Figure 8 Euro press hasn't been hard to come by as far as I'm aware and sounds great. XO had no such readily available good pressing last I checked.

That is true about XO not having any decent pressings.  Does Interscope remaster all of these releases?   Also, do you have a link to a store that has the back in black Figure 8?  I have the plain pressing on red / blue but it doesn't sound great. 

2 hours ago, rhythmgtr5 said:

That is true about XO not having any decent pressings.  Does Interscope remaster all of these releases?   Also, do you have a link to a store that has the back in black Figure 8?  I have the plain pressing on red / blue but it doesn't sound great. 

It's starting to raise in price, been 7 years now. https://www.discogs.com/release/10422019-Elliott-Smith-Figure-8

If people cared about listening to their vinyl it would have been sold out and selling for triple digits a long time ago.

13 hours ago, stl_ben said:

Why not?  TMR has been pressing records for a lot of quality releases.

For those that care about what records actually sound like, quality from TMR appears to have taken a pretty substantial nosedive in recent years.  I know Discogs reviews should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but everything I seem to be reading as of late suggests way more miss than the usual hit-or-miss.  I didn’t buy them but a lot of folks seem to cite the recent Verve presses as a notable bungle.

38 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For those that care about what records actually sound like, quality from TMR appears to have taken a pretty substantial nosedive in recent years.  I know Discogs reviews should be taken with a huge grain of salt, but everything I seem to be reading as of late suggests way more miss than the usual hit-or-miss.  I didn’t buy them but a lot of folks seem to cite the recent Verve presses as a notable bungle.

Interesting. The Elephant 2022 and 2020 repress I have are great. Along with a few recent Vault releases.