PO: New Found Glory - Catalyst vinyl (out 11/3)

3 hours ago, subplotofcrows said:

Swirl variant just came. Press looks really nice, glow in the dark cover is very cool, artwork treatment throughout is nice and high quality. Wish it was a gatefold but otherwise very satisfied with this one. 

lol $50 shipped non-gatefold 2LP. What a time to be alive

It's crazy to me how on these recent reissues they've completely erased Steve from the artwork/liner notes/song credits. Like, if you didn't know the band's history and just bought one of these records, you'd assume they were a four-piece when in actuality the guy who wrote 99% of the songs on these reissues has been Thanos-snapped out of existence.

1 hour ago, scottheisel said:

It's crazy to me how on these recent reissues they've completely erased Steve from the artwork/liner notes/song credits. Like, if you didn't know the band's history and just bought one of these records, you'd assume they were a four-piece when in actuality the guy who wrote 99% of the songs on these reissues has been Thanos-snapped out of existence.

Thought the same thing opening this up. They’ve even edited him out of old show footage 

3 hours ago, hookups96 said:

I know someone that worked on one of the layouts and that was the exact notes  “take Steve out of it”.  

That’s so fucked up. Like, I can see removing his photo or something, because why not be petty, but to delete his songwriting/publishing credits legit feels like it’s inviting a lawsuit.

39 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

That’s so fucked up. Like, I can see removing his photo or something, because why not be petty, but to delete his songwriting/publishing credits legit feels like it’s inviting a lawsuit.

First, fuck Steve.

Second, who cares about him getting credit at this point.  The band most likely understands any risk associated with this, they're not uninformed/dummies.  

Third, back to the first

Looks like Steve is still receiving songwriting credits, but also looks like all 5 members are part of ONE publishing company.  Here’s ‘All Downhill From Here’.

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/search/title/All downhill from here/performer/New found glory?at=false&searchFilter=SVW&page=1

So I guess they don’t HAVE to include “written by” as long as their publishing company (My Song Over You) is included somewhere on the packaging.

Curious if it always that company or there used to be a different one before the whole thing happened.

edit: looks like the old publishing company was called ‘Blanco Meow Music’ and the records credit the band as the writers, but wish I could find out why the changed the name and who was receiving songwriting credits, etc. under Blanco Meow 😉

Edited by fuckinandsuckinandtouchin