PO: New Found Glory - Catalyst vinyl (out 11/3)

3 hours ago, tokimedo said:

$52 shipped is rough. Really hope were not moving towards a new standard here with $40 2x12 records. 

Feels like the last 2 weeks every pre-order/on sale I've seen has been in the $32 - $42 dollar range (even for single LPs), which then becomes $45-$55 shipped with California taxes and shipping. Definitely said no to a lot of stuff I otherwise would have historically impulse bought. Looks like I'm finally speaking with my wallet on this. They're going to end up crashing their own market again like they did when cds started to be $25+ new.

18 hours ago, zacooper said:

Feels like the last 2 weeks every pre-order/on sale I've seen has been in the $32 - $42 dollar range (even for single LPs), which then becomes $45-$55 shipped with California taxes and shipping. Definitely said no to a lot of stuff I otherwise would have historically impulse bought. Looks like I'm finally speaking with my wallet on this. They're going to end up crashing their own market again like they did when cds started to be $25+ new.

I totally agree with this, I’ve been buying vinyl for close to 20 years now and I’d give anything to go back to when I thought £20 for an album was too much! The overpriced records of the last few years have honestly priced me out of buying a lot of things I’d usually have gone for and this is one of them. I can’t justify the shipping cost to the uk as I missed out on the eu store so only option is buying form the states, the same as most releases. It just isn’t sustainable any more and it just feels like a lot of collectors now are new to it and don’t see anything wrong with dropping £50 on an album which is just obscured in my eyes, I don’t understand how this is the new normal for vinyl prices and that’s even before shipping!  

1 hour ago, ode to youth said:

I totally agree with this, I’ve been buying vinyl for close to 20 years now and I’d give anything to go back to when I thought £20 for an album was too much! The overpriced records of the last few years have honestly priced me out of buying a lot of things I’d usually have gone for and this is one of them. I can’t justify the shipping cost to the uk as I missed out on the eu store so only option is buying form the states, the same as most releases. It just isn’t sustainable any more and it just feels like a lot of collectors now are new to it and don’t see anything wrong with dropping £50 on an album which is just obscured in my eyes, I don’t understand how this is the new normal for vinyl prices and that’s even before shipping!  

The problem is even the the uk sites charge a lot for postage I was going to get alkaline trios new album and the uk kings road merch wanted to charge me over £12 for postage.

32 minutes ago, xfactor675 said:

Thanks! But already bought the Mondo variant to make sure I had one. It's already shipped so I can't cancel it anymore. Hoping that it slips through customs but probably not :)

1 hour ago, jodi said:

Thanks! But already bought the Mondo variant to make sure I had one. It's already shipped so I can't cancel it anymore. Hoping that it slips through customs but probably not :)

Actually just came here to ask if anyone noticed if this was a PO or not because I didn’t remember seeing anything.  I ordered from the NFG store so not sure if it would be different 

54 minutes ago, Rip said:

Actually just came here to ask if anyone noticed if this was a PO or not because I didn’t remember seeing anything.  I ordered from the NFG store so not sure if it would be different 

Release date is 11/05 and they’ve posted actual photos (no mockups) so hopefully the NFG store orders ship soon!