Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Compliments to Last Chance Records. Ordered an excellent Jkutchma record and it came slightly warped resulting in some play issues. I emailed Travis and he took care of me. It was much appreciated.

http://www.lastchancerecords.com/

That JKutchma record is indeed excellent.

I wonder what Red Collar are up to these days?

I'm having the complete opposite experience right now.  Ordered the Gordon Gano's Army LP from them a month ago and haven't received it yet.  Emailed last week asking what's up, no response.  I just filed a PayPal dispute today.

I have to second this. I ordered a 7" and an LP from them. I was directed to them BY the artist who said Alex had them in stock. Over a month went by with no package, tracking#, shipping confirmation, etc. ZERO replies to my emails. The ONLY time i ever got any replies from this guy was after filing a Paypal claim and filing a formal dispute. The website has not been updated since 2012. Almost everything listed there is out of stock. Alex even mentioned in his emails (the ones via paypal) that my items were not in stock. I think he actually had to go out and buy copies from somewhere because one of the items came to me with an Amoeba price sticker on it. Also..he NEVER responded to any of Paypal's inquiries at all. I did cancel the dispute afters finally getting the records (in good shape). Just don't bother ordering from him because it appears the label is kaput. 

Also Art Of The Underground. Ordered  3x 5 for $5 7" bundles and the package got lost in the mail twice. Alex Kerns kept in contact constantly, kept asking if my package arrived and sent me a third package, and the last one finally came. Good d00d good label.

You're lucky to have gotten any communication from that dude. While not a thief, he is a poor businessman. 

They play once in awhile in Durham! Usually once every few months, most recently, especially at Death to False Hope in the last few years.

Man, those records are so solid!

Yes! And to keep in vein with the thread, I've had nothing but great dealings with Last Chance and Tiny Engines.

With all the home runs TE has been hitting lately, I think Red Collar's 'Welcome Home' has become somewhat of a forgotten gem.

And that Kutchma's solo LP came out soon there after proves the point even more.

I'm a transplant to North Carolina, but groups/labels like these make me happy to call this place home!

Yes! And to keep in vein with the thread, I've had nothing but great dealings with Last Chance and Tiny Engines.

With all the home runs TE has been hitting lately, I think Red Collar's 'Welcome Home' has become somewhat of a forgotten gem.

And that Kutchma's solo LP came out soon there after proves the point even more.

I'm a transplant to North Carolina, but groups/labels like these make me happy to call this place home!

Transplant as well, but totally agree with you.

I love: No Idea Records. Their shipping is a little bit slow but they have lots if orders and awesome, unique records of my favorite bands, vinyl and CDs are always packed nice. Fat Wreck is awesome, shipping was fast for me and was packed amazingly. VC is just as amazing. Luckily I have no companies that I hate...... So Far!

Have some more good things to say about Deathwish.  I had a preorder that never seemed to ship, jump forward a few weeks and I send DW an email asking for an update.  Package was sent off immediately and I received a discount code for my next order.  First time they've ever overlooked shipping something, but they addressed it quickly and were friendly about it.

Ordered a few things from Hot Green a while back, and haven't gotten a reply to any of my e-mails or have still yet to show any signs of life even with the PayPal dispute once it got to be time where I felt I should open one before my window was up. Just bummed about it in all truthfulness.

Have some more good things to say about Deathwish.  I had a preorder that never seemed to ship, jump forward a few weeks and I send DW an email asking for an update.  Package was sent off immediately and I received a discount code for my next order.  First time they've ever overlooked shipping something, but they addressed it quickly and were friendly about it.

Does Deathwish usually send an email when they ship your package?  I ordered several in-stock items over 2 weeks ago that still haven't arrived which seems sort of odd considering all the praise they get on these forums for their fast shipping (note - this was my first time ordering from their site).

Does Deathwish usually send an email when they ship your package? I ordered several in-stock items over 2 weeks ago that still haven't arrived which seems sort of odd considering all the praise they get on these forums for their fast shipping (note - this was my first time ordering from their site).

A shipping notification is automatically generated and sent out when an order is processed. If you have been waiting that long, please email us [email protected]

Thanks.

Big thumbs up for Hobbledehoy in Australia. My box from them made it all the way to the UK by land and sea and the records were in excellent condition. All round great service.

I haven't looked through this thread, but Hobbledehoy are always a joy to order through. Always throwing in freebies and notes

THANK YOU!

No Sleep Records has always been good about answering me when I email them and I love how they give the vinyl subscription people a discount off anything they order.

I also ordered from the label called Fleeting Youth Records recently. I ordered one cassette from them. The guy who runs it sent me an extra cassette "just because he thought I'd like it" and stickers and a pin. I thought that was really cool.

Adeline Records is amazing! I had bought their latest Warning release but it came with a damaged sleeve and this is the first time this has happened so I emailed them asking if I should open it and make sure it's okay or should I jut send it back and they just responded to me saying they will send me a replacement record and that I can keep the one I already have! Truly awesome customer service

Avoid MorseCode Recordings.  Ordered Get Involved's Silk Cuts 12" from them, and the package was very fucked up by USPS.  They didn't use ANY filler (bubble wrap or cardboard) in the standard U-Line shipper, so the album jacket was ruined.  The label didn't make any attempts to replace the jacket and acted like they've never heard of shipping an album properly.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?