The Walking Dead

mcm1610

no intention to spoil it, but If AMC pulls that mess with the show, I might have to sign out for a bit. I read an interview with Kirkman, where after that issue came out, he ran into the person who was involved in the issue, and that person was so bummed, Kirkman felt guilty and forced an apology. hahah

You guys are doing just fine so far but remember, no spoilers for the non-readers! Sounds intense! Hope it's not so crazy AMC can't do it when they get there.

Trust me I'm tip toeing this, I'd be really mad if someone spoiled such a thing for me. Tho it's going to take the show a few seasons to catch up its not something you just forget. And I'd hate to be that guy. But if i can be a jerk for a sec... All im going to say is AMC Is going to have A LOT of meetings and sleepless nights about this when they get there.

Can somebody spoil this for me? I need to know what you guys are talking about.

I can send you a link to where to buy this issue shipped for like 6 bucks. physically reading i think is the only way to do it justice.

And I suggest you read it near a loved one to cry on or a blank wall that you can stare off at and let it sink in afterward.

so just a question i do the hardcover and those are numbered 1 to 12 and 13 to 24 and so on. according to wiki a trade paperbacks is numbered 1 to 6. so essentially 2 trade paperbacks is 1 hardcover.

what exactly is being numbered? total noob with comics.

Yes, I believe it's two volumes per hc. But I don't collect so don't quote me

I think you get 6 issues per paperback and 12 issues per hardcover book. The deluxe (or limited) volumes have 24 issues per book and their was one more that had like 48 or 64 or something. I was looking into buying them all at one point and trying to figure out the cheapest method. My memory could be off, but I'm pretty sure it just kept doubling.

The numbering is just a sequential method of tracking of the order of the collections. So Paperback 1, Paperback 2, Paperback 3 and HC Book One, Book Two, etc. 

I think you get 6 issues per paperback and 12 issues per hardcover book. The deluxe (or limited) volumes have 24 issues per book and their was one more that had like 48 or 64 or something. I was looking into buying them all at one point and trying to figure out the cheapest method. My memory could be off, but I'm pretty sure it just kept doubling.

The numbering is just a sequential method of tracking of the order of the collections. So Paperback 1, Paperback 2, Paperback 3 and HC Book One, Book Two, etc. 

it's hard for me to put my thoughts to keyboard since i am not a comic guru, but paperback 1 is #1-6.  what does the 1-6 mean? 

Same idea of episodes vs seasons

it would be like saying Paperback 1 is Season 1, with issues (episodes) 1 through 6.

You can buy:

- An issue as soon as it's released

- A collection of 6 issues in a paperback once 6 issues are released

- A collection of 12 issues in a hardcover once 12 issues are released

- etc through to larger volumes

I thought Breaking Bad came back in July. That is what Sick Beard tells me. You saying it is delayed or did you miss this information?

What I'm saying is that according to wikipedia.org and the breaking bad wikipedia: Season 5 Part 2 is slated to be released in "Summer 2013".  So far they don't appear to have a specific date nailed down but they're working on it.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/14290/20130107/breaking-bad-season-5-part-2-premiere-date-aaron-paul-jesse-pinkman-tweets-return-date-real.htm

Soo, no one is talking about last night's episode? I'll start. Kind of slow, not a lot of action. Overall a decent episode though. Next episode might be pretty good. What, with Rick, Carl and Michonne going to Woodbury, at least that's what the previews make it look like.

I thought last nights episode was much better than the two previous. This show could do more to service the larger narrative arc and less inventing minor conflicts to fill episodes. Sometimes it feels like a video game in that way, where you know the end destination but you always have to reboot a reactor or something first.

I liked it.