Any comic book readers?

Well anyone who would rather have a trade than a comic...I will gladly trade you the first trade for issue one of any of the following books:

Y The Last Man, Saga, Chew, The Walking Dead...........

You will save space and get a good return on investment (I'm giving you a $10 trade for your $3 comic!)

I'm space and time limited - waiting for Trades was one of the best choices I ever made. I want the art/story - not a collectible. I guess it would be like going for black vinyl and not caring about the colored. 

My kids new interest in the Star Wars comics has me buying some single issues for the first time in about 20 years. I am admittedly enjoying it.

I'm space and time limited - waiting for Trades was one of the best choices I ever made. I want the art/story - not a collectible. I guess it would be like going for black vinyl and not caring about the colored.

My kids new interest in the Star Wars comics has me buying some single issues for the first time in about 20 years. I am admittedly enjoying it.

Same on the first part.

Keeping up with monthlies is too much work for me. Did it for the first couple arcs of The Stand and The Dark Tower, and kept up with Mouse Guard through Fall and Winter I think. Then I moved and I hate learning a new shop's sorting, etc. and I gave up.

I don't know shit about comics, but my wife likes to read them so I go to the store with her sometimes and will grab things that catch my eye. My current obsession is Archie Vs. Predator — issue #2 is just insane.

Hey Scott, what stores do your wife prefer? I went to the one in Kamm's today and it was pretty nice. I live on the West side

Yeah that's where I went today, just wondered if she was into any other stores around town. I haven't been into any comics or anything since I was young, but decided to go check it out. I was honestly looking for Fight Club 2, as I love Palahniuk. It was sold out but I bought Planetary, I've heard it's great, hoping to get back into graphic novels and comics.

I'm not sure if this is out of place but my girlfriend and I just launched our first comic endeavor this past weekend during Special Edition NYC.

If any of you wanted to check out our sample issue, it's up for free download via Gumroad and we're mailing out free copies upon request

http://inarutcomics.tumblr.com/

https://gumroad.com/l/wLsGg

The reception has been humbling so far and the creators we shared it with have been gracious with their feedback

I figured I'd might as well share it here too

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading the older Morrison Animal Man books, and they are just dark, gritty, fun. I like how they tie some of stories into the other books from DC's line, like Invasion back in '89, and mentions of the Crisis. Like I said, sometimes I get nostalgic.

His run on Animal Man is phenomenal

Although the tie-ins were my least favorite part of that run

I'm reading the older Morrison Animal Man books, and they are just dark, gritty, fun. I like how they tie some of stories into the other books from DC's line, like Invasion back in '89, and mentions of the Crisis. Like I said, sometimes I get nostalgic.

Like I mentioned a little while back, I bought Morrison's Animal Man omnibus out of shear praise in this thread. Haven't started it though. This talk of "tie-in" stuff kinda worries me though. Am I going to get really confused at some point?

Like I mentioned a little while back, I bought Morrison's Animal Man omnibus out of shear praise in this thread. Haven't started it though. This talk of "tie-in" stuff kinda worries me though. Am I going to get really confused at some point?

It's like one or two issues and it's fine in context

I read it via the omnibus and didn't have a problem

I really liked his Animal Man run.  I read it on the suggestion of a friend and was really surprised by it.

I don't care about Fantastic Four overall, but his Fantastic Four : 1234 was rather good.