MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

+1

huh? im not hurt by it. nor do i care that much. just saying that things were looking bad, i gave the benefit of the doubt. no big deal though.

why?? why would you give the benefit of the doubt to someone who just screwed thousands of people out of thousands of dollars?

Guest beejayz

huh? im not hurt by it. nor do i care that much. just saying that things were looking bad, i gave the benefit of the doubt. no big deal though.

why?? why would you give the benefit of the doubt to someone who just screwed thousands of people out of thousands of dollars?

if it was the labels first release, it be a different story. i was going mainly just based on the companies history. they seemed to make great quality records in the past so i didnt think theyd put something up for pre-order and then a year later it not be out. as of now rj might of lambed, i dont know. its just weird, i never seen a situation like this before.

Guest beejayz
remember when virgil put up pre-orders for that one Mock Orange album and nothing happened after a year? hah.

no, that would be a negative since i never heard of them.

if it was the labels first release, it be a different story. i was going mainly just based on the companies history. they seemed to make great quality records in the past so i didnt think theyd put something up for pre-order and then a year later it not be out. as of now rj might of lambed, i dont know. its just weird, i never seen a situation like this before.

not the first, won't be the last I'm sure.

^^RJ didn't give anybody a refund. PayPal and SRC gave refunds. RJ still has (or spent) everyone's money, so your point is invalid.

I thought he gave out refunds at first - when people started complaining about missed release dates (understandably), he was all "get a refund or quit bitching"

EDIT: I definitely remember some guy in here calling him out on twitter, then getting refunded

He never had enough money and he was never going to release it. There was no chance.

People then started getting refunds on April 10 when he never updated anyone, and hardly any of those refunds came from MTS's paypal, it was empty straight away, the rest of the refunds have come from paypal's own pocket.

^^RJ didn't give anybody a refund. PayPal and SRC gave refunds. RJ still has (or spent) everyone's money, so your point is invalid.

I thought he gave out refunds at first - when people started complaining about missed release dates (understandably), he was all "get a refund or quit bitching"

EDIT: I definitely remember some guy in here calling him out on twitter, then getting refunded

RJ gave refunds like you said. He had those two other MTS "employees" handle most of the emails and complaints but the money came straight from MTS. So your point is now valid again.

less Whining and Bitching.....more SHAQ

At this point I highly recommend a Shaq appreciation thread. This thread has to die sometime...or get locked a page 182. Everyone should have asked for and gotten their refunds. Anyone waiting this out its on them.

why lock the thread? regardless of it's derailment, it's not like there's anything happening in this thread that out of line or people having really heated arguments and name-calling happening......just post some fuggin Shaq pics or gifs

At this point I highly recommend a Shaq appreciation thread. This thread has to die sometime...or get locked a page 182. Everyone should have asked for and gotten their refunds. Anyone waiting this out its on them.

why lock the thread? regardless of it's derailment, it's not like there's anything happening in this thread that out of line or people having really heated arguments and name-calling happening......just post some fuggin Shaq pics or gifs

lock at page one eighty two..

I still maintain that this could've come out if everyone didn't start getting refunds. Obviously he waited until the preorder went up to start anything because he didn't have the cash, then everything took longer than expected because of the crazy jacket and shit. After so many people were refunded, he had to be trying to scrape together as much money as quick as he could by doing all those blink represses. Travis getting that last pressing of it had to be the final nail in the coffin.

Did he go about doing this in the worst possible way? Definitely. But if everyone had been more patient, this probably would've happened.

I don't really give a shit regardless, this album isn't even that great. But this has certainly provided me tons of entertainment over the last year. Thank you all.

I maintain that if RJ fronted the money rather than relying on pre-orders, no one would have demanded a refund, therefore throwing a kink in the production process, and I'm also willing to bet he would have been much closer to hitting the first announced release date because if he were smart, he wouldn't have announced it til it was almost done.

But what do I know? I don't have a label.

I still maintain that this could've come out if everyone didn't start getting refunds. Obviously he waited until the preorder went up to start anything because he didn't have the cash, then everything took longer than expected because of the crazy jacket and shit. After so many people were refunded, he had to be trying to scrape together as much money as quick as he could by doing all those blink represses. Travis getting that last pressing of it had to be the final nail in the coffin.

Did he go about doing this in the worst possible way? Definitely. But if everyone had been more patient, this probably would've happened.

I don't really give a shit regardless, this album isn't even that great. But this has certainly provided me tons of entertainment over the last year. Thank you all.

I maintain that if RJ fronted the money rather than relying on pre-orders, no one would have demanded a refund, therefore throwing a kink in the production process, and I'm also willing to bet he would have been much closer to hitting the first announced release date because if he were smart, he wouldn't have announced it til it was almost done.

How much more patient should anyone have been? He lied repeatedly as he missed every delivery date. He set those dates himself. No one but RJ set the tone whereby no one could believe him any longer. He has no one to blame but himself. Further, he offered those refunds and in a couple instances his mammoth ego forced refunds on people calling him on his shit.

So no, I have no sympathy nor do I think anything would have turned out differently. Posting an MS Paint version of your insert doesn't inspire any confidence and eventually the smoke cleared out and we could all clearly see that this wasn't a reliable place to leave your money.

I only have sympathy for those that are still being denied refunds by PayPal and the bands, labels, distros etc that are still cleaning up the mess that he ran away from with barely a word of communication.

Guest deathbydrums

It's such an astounding f-up that I tend to agree with those who blame it on a substance abuse problem. Pure speculation, of course. Wonder if SRC or anyone has seen or heard from him?

How much more patient should anyone have been? He lied repeatedly as he missed every delivery date. He set those dates himself. No one but RJ set the tone whereby no one could believe him any longer. He has no one to blame but himself. Further, he offered those refunds and in a couple instances his mammoth ego forced refunds on people calling him on his shit.

So no, I have no sympathy nor do I think anything would have turned out differently. Posting an MS Paint version of your insert doesn't inspire any confidence and eventually the smoke cleared out and we could all clearly see that this wasn't a reliable place to leave your money.

I only have sympathy for those that are still being denied refunds by PayPal and the bands, labels, distros etc that are still cleaning up the mess that he ran away from with barely a word of communication.

/thread

/thread

Why would you want to end this thread?

And I can't believe there are still RJ apologists.

Guest beejayz
Just received a call from new York consumer affairs. They asked if I was refunded and by who and how much.

This guy is fucked

oh wow, this really got serious. all this over a record release, crazy times.