Smashing Pumpkins

Yeah. Last fall billy tweeted a sheet with 40-50 out takes/demos/remixes for inclusion.

It's supposed to be out sometime this summer. 5 discs.

Ah awesome, I know they were contractually obligated to finish the reissue series by December 2013. That was why I was most worried. I also cannot wait for the full Machina re-issue.

which part?

when the reissues were first announced, billy said all the records up to rotten apples would get a reissue on cd with bonus materials and a dvd. then he'll get the warners stuff and do zwan/zeitgeist.

after gish/SD got reissued someone asked billy on twitter or youtube if the metro dvd was ever coming out. he said something like, 'the cool thing is, it was shot in HD so it can be mastered for a higher format like blu-ray now' or something to that effect. i can't imagine what show would be better to include with rotten apples unless they just included a cool compilation dvd. i guess it could also include  the music video dvd again. he also mentioned that he wasn't sure if it would be in a box or get a stand-alone release. 

the Adore-era live shows are my favorite SP shows ever (and I say that as one of the rare few who were able to see them just before Siamese Dream came out). I have a few bootlegs (mostly FM broadcasts), but would love to hear some pro-taped shows.

True story....I followed the band around on the Adore tour.  They filmed the show at the Fox Theater at Atlanta.  It was a great show that I hope sees the light one day.   The all acoustic show at the Grand Ole Opry was a nice highlight too.

I meant on the release of rotten apples part. I'm not trying to sound like a smart ass here but my understanding of "up to rotten apples" is everything up to rotten apples, not including it. I figured the metro show would be included in the Machina deluxe package. Although I think it'd be fine as a stand alone Blu ray/DVD release since its not exactly a machina era show. I too have had my heart set on these upcoming reissues the most, and I also hope some more studio quality Zwan actually comes to surface.

But you have to take what Billy says with a grain of salt, or spoonful of sugar, or a shot of fireball or something.... He's a busy dude. I remember hearing him talk about the reissues back when he was blogging on myspace.

Finally got my turntable out of storage a couple weeks ago and got around to spinning the new Mellon Collie release...

...was crossing my fingers but unfortunately Zero sounds terrible at about the half way point. It's not the only one either, there are other songs where either the mixing is bad or the format was just way too compressed, can't tell. 

A shame too, the packaging of the album is top notch. 

I've also noticed my SIamese CD remaster is not as good as the original, IMO. Way more bassy or something, the clarity seems to be lacking.

It's great all this SP music is becoming available on wax again, but I'm not so sure all these reissues are up to par with original releases. 

Adore is one of my all-time favorite albums. I was never a SP fan growing up until I heard Adore. I've since gone back and grown to love all of their albums, but Adore will always be my favorite. I've only bought the vinyl reissues so far, but I'll be buying the cd version of this one as well. Can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who like Smashing Pumpkins and pro wrestling, the next Resistance Pro show is this Friday and Billy will be there (as usual) and often will sign things for fans before the show. Go to www.resistancepro.com for the details and tickets and if you end up coming to the show come up and say hi as I'll be at ringside all night shooting photos.