Smashing Pumpkins

hilarious publicity stunt by one of the girls at zuzu's. they only printed 30 (3 of each size) and sold them at the chicago show. i bought one. i don't think i'll ever wear it, so i might just sell it on ebay.

The album is solid and is IMHO superior to Oceania, which was already his better move since TheFutureEmbrace. I like the fact that its straight and doesn't leave room for hesitations. The album also benefits from the fact that they're not trying to convince anyone that it's a Smashing Pumpkins album or that there's this struggle to sound as if every member has an important role to be played (something that bothered me with Oceania, I felt that they had this need to make each member relevant to the songs). If you ignore Schroeder's presence, it sounds more like BC solo music and that's pretty good at this point.

I'm also suprised that Tommy Lee's drumming, somewhat simpler, fits way better than anyone else trying to emulate Jimmy's style. He just gave what the songs asked for and that was it.

The album is good enough to deserve a purchase. But I'll probably stick to the CD 'cause that's the way my Pumpkins collection is.

I picked up the 2011 Siamese Dream reissue and it sounds incredible. The four songs per side work really well, so you don't have that Mellon Collie box set/Zero being crammed in on that one side fuzziness. I ordered the 2011 Gish as well, can I expect the same quality?

I would say that Gish is on par with Siamese Dream as far as audio quality. The only two I've come across that I'm not happy with are MCIS and Pisces. 

I would say that Gish is on par with Siamese Dream as far as audio quality. The only two I've come across that I'm not happy with are MCIS and Pisces. 

Gish is the most improved sounding. All of the reissues sound great with the exception of Zero/Mellon Collie. And the Euro press of Mellon Collie does not have Zero problem.

Thanks!