Smashing Pumpkins

I saw them. Cage opens for them. He's cool, but not everyone's cup o' noodles. Manson was awesome. I would've been happy with that alone. Then the pumpkins did an hour and a half set. The whole band sounded really good. I even opted for the super expensive VIP thing. That was just icing on the cake really. The whole experience was great and there are a lot of videos on youtube of this tour. I recorded the whole Q&A as well.

Has anybody on here seen SP on this recent tour with Manson? I'm seeing them tomorrow and am wondering if they are playing well.

Smashing Pumpkins' set was better than when I saw them in '99.  Pretty much greatest hits with minimal new garbage and they even played Thru the Eyes of Ruby.  I expected a fey, pop rock show and it was anything but even with the 'we support the troops', Star Spangled Banner and 'God blesses'.

Manson was a touch disappointing but that probably had more to do more with how much later career stuff they played.  And the five minute costume changes.  And the scripted stage banter.

Fuck, I would've grabbed that. Kudos to whichever one of you guys bought it :)

I'm really curious as to how a 15 year old is able to buy ten times more records than I am able to.

That just irritated me more since I have all the reissues up to now and Machina I/II OGs are so damn expensive.

I've seen OG Machina go anywhere from $40-$100 depending on how many bidders get on it. But there are no OG Machina II's available. There are literally only 25 in existence and the one that hit eBay, Billy made them pull it down.

OG Zwan doesn't go for less than $80 these days.

Siamese Dream is 22 years old today!

This colour is pretty sweet.One of kind :/

siamese-dream-multicolor-vinyl.jpg

Source: http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!Memorabilia-Monday-Siamese-Dream-Multicolor-12?-Vinyl/c7ba/55b782f80cf228fd5ebabde3

Also:How did multicolour pressing come into existence?

It was 2002 when a representative of a quite reputable music shop  in the US managed to obtain this multicolour vinyl from a UK pressing-plant employee. This employee “made it for himself on his lunch break or something”, or at least this is what the buyer, from the UK, was told.  Shortly afterwards, one of the representatives of this music shop was flying from the US to London to visit a local record fair, and decided, with the value of the vinyl in mind, to take the train all the way up to Oxford to present the buyer (a University student) with the vinyl in person.

A few months ago however, this UK collector decided it was time to part with (most of) his Smashing Pumpkins memorabilia collection, and the Siamese Dream multicolour vinyl was shipped back to the US where another collector is currently admiring this extremely rare item.