• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very nice looking, but $60 for four 7" singles?

4 7" singles AND a box.... AND shipping. Yeah, by most band's standards it's a bit overpriced. But, the fact that there's no limit, and everyone who wants one right now gets one... that's gotta be worth something. Also, if you buy a limited edition 7" from third man they're usually $15-25 anyway.

Ran into this article today... Hope it's true! There are also a few HD videos of a couple of songs on the main page.

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org/2013/12/crazy-horse-reschedules-europe-concerts.html

"Scott @ NYAS reports:
Confirmation that Neil's next album was recorded in Jack White's record booth. 

It should be out sometime in the new year. I don't know its release details but would be surprised if it's only available via Third Man. But this is Neil, so who knows. I anticipate this will be a very big seller. It is an album of covers. In it, as anticipated, he pays tribute to other renowned singer-songwriters. There are 12 tracks on it. There are no Neil Young originals, but...each side starts with an introduction (part 1, part 2) of the same title. That could be a Neil Young original although I have another theory on what these might be... A couple of the songs chosen will astonish you. Sorry for the secrecy but more on this might leak soon...

Ralf speculates:
I guess the regular Album will be released by Warner/Reprise but Jack Whites "Third Man" label will release exclusive a special edition of twelve 6" vinyl 111 seconds copies which were cut directly in the booth. This wouldn't affect Neil's contract with Warner. Perhaps it will also be the start of Neil's PONO system.