PO:Dustin Kensrue-Please Come Home via ETR on 3/8

I understand people have a problem with my label making 24 test presses and can consider that "shady" but we most of those out to the original labels and bands/management more often than not. I also try to more so then sell the 5 or so copies I end up keeping. Not to mention that I do pay for patrick to design and screen print bad ass jackets which make them more of a collectible than just a blank record. Most of them have been traded to die hard fans of those bands who are into vinyl and a bunch have even been engagement/wedding presents for people.

In terms of the shipping costs, I dont really buy the mailers in bulk because i dont have the space nor am i a huge company by any means. I buy them in sets of 200-500 and i personally spend hours and hours packing orders for this. I use two cardboard mailers, bubble wrap and heavy packing tape for every order which takes time if you things done right. The few people on here can bitch about the $1 but this business takes up most of, if not all of my free time and personally i would rather something cost $1 more and done right/arrive on time then come damaged because of shitty packaging.

I personally don't think you need to defend your business decisions at all. And I think it's ridiculous that people bitch as much as they do, yet are still willing to buy this stuff.

If I'm going to get my panties this in a bunch over something, then I'm just going to pass on purchasing the item. Not really a hard decision.

In saying that, these people make it sound like you charged $14.99 for shipping. We're talking about a frickin $1?

Maybe next time you should just charge $17.99 for the damn record and $3.99 to ship lol.

the only real big issue with ETR that i remember was with the Juliana Theory record not being packed really well and it being a picture disc.

and it initially being priced exorbitantly high ($16.99 for a 6 song ep, iirc)

and the most limited variant only being available in a $50+ 3-pack

and him justifying it by saying he had to hire people to help him pack it up

and two sets of test presses being sold for $50+ each

and I'm probably forgetting something

Does it cost less to press an EP vs LP? What about the sleeves, are they somehow cheaper because it was an EP? How much was the license? Etc. And your other complaints aren't much. No one had to buy the 3 pack. You don't need the most limited color. Shit gets bundled all the time. A crappy game w/ my PS3. That Fucked Up live record that I really wanted, but didn't want anything else from that site. As for the test presses, people will pay it. A lot of these releases are selling for much more on eBay now. Blah blah blah. People that repress these major records are obviously looking to make money & I don't fault them at all.

the only real big issue with ETR that i remember was with the Juliana Theory record not being packed really well and it being a picture disc.

That's all one release and I honestly chalk a lot of that up to it being one of his first releases because he hasn't done that since. Like I said it seems he has learned from his mistakes and each release has been smoother than the previous. Not saying it was just but merely mistakes from a lack of experience. At least he's always delivered what he has said he would and since the Starting Line he hasn't done a presale which has been nice not having to wait as long. I can understand the complaints and issues with shipping and all but it's all small potatoes really

Does it cost less to press an EP vs LP?

Do people charge the same price for LP and EP CDs?

What about the sleeves, are they somehow cheaper because it was an EP?

These actually came with a pretty low quality jacket. Many folk's copies also came with seam splits because of the terrible packing job

How much was the license?

Stock T&N license is/was $500

A lot of these releases are selling for much more on eBay now.

You're right. I got a Test Press of this on ebay for $12.

People that repress these major records...

Lol at this being a major release.

People that repress these major records are obviously looking to make money & I don't fault them at all.

Oh, gee, that explains everything. Anything to make a buck. You must love Record Store Day.

Quack, quack, quack, Mister Ducksworth.

That's all one release and I honestly chalk a lot of that up to it being one of his first releases because he hasn't done that since. Like I said it seems he has learned from his mistakes

It seems that the only thing he's doing better at is packaging records by himself. The limited package "deals" and overpriced test pressings also applied to the Rx Bandits, both Starting Line EPs, and both Early November EPs.

Juliana Theory was a dud. I'll give you that. It wasn't a major release. I would have avoided it myself. RXB, TEN, all the DTR releases, Dustin Kensrue. All those are easy money. And when I asked about the cost of it I never said anything about CDs. I can get complete CDs made for under a dollar each. 1000 CDs for less than $1000. From looking into pressing a record myself, it is impossible to come anywhere close to that price point with vinyl. Everything else you said is crap really.

And when I asked about the cost of it I never said anything about CDs.

The point there was that they cost the same. CDs or vinyl, the cost to produce doesn't increase based on the number of tracks (unless you push onto a second disc). However, you don't charge full album price for an EP. He was charging full album price for 6 B-sides, but he caught so much flak for it that he dropped the price.

And when I asked about the cost of it I never said anything about CDs.

The point there was that they cost the same. CDs or vinyl, the cost to produce doesn't increase based on the number of tracks (unless you push onto a second disc). However, you don't charge full album price for an EP. He was charging full album price for 6 B-sides, but he caught so much flak for it that he dropped the price.

So what? Many records labels catch tons more flak than this and don't do even anything. At least he has the decency and insight to know to listen to the fans. Plus the price is lowered now, what is there to complain about?

Does it cost less to press an EP vs LP?

Do people charge the same price for LP and EP CDs?

These actually came with a pretty low quality jacket. Many folk's copies also came with seam splits because of the terrible packing job

Stock T&N license is/was $500

You're right. I got a Test Press of this on ebay for $12.

Lol at this being a major release.

Oh, gee, that explains everything. Anything to make a buck. You must love Record Store Day.

Quack, quack, quack, Mister Ducksworth.

That's all one release and I honestly chalk a lot of that up to it being one of his first releases because he hasn't done that since. Like I said it seems he has learned from his mistakes

It seems that the only thing he's doing better at is packaging records by himself. The limited package "deals" and overpriced test pressings also applied to the Rx Bandits, both Starting Line EPs, and both Early November EPs.

CORRECTION: Mike is saving this thread. These are spot on and I laughed a few times.

Who cares about how much he charges for a test? He sold me a DK test for a decent chunk of change, but I agreed to pay it. I wasn't forced into anything, and neither was anyone that has bought one. He also responds to emails super quick and has always been a pleasure to deal with. It's not a perfect business, and yeah, they want to make money, but thats what happens when you live in a capitalist society. If you don't agree with what he does, don't buy his shit.

So... turns out working one job, coaching, working another job, and having your mother sick in the hospital = no computer time. Any chance someone's got an extra, OR will be able to order me an extra? I am going to be hugely bummed if I miss this entirely and I don't see free time in the near future.

The EVR version never went up, correct?