At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command Repress

^ sleater-kinney. 'nuff said.

I'm not saying bands haven't done it well (Swans!!!) but it still makes me skeptical, and rightfully so. Oh well, I'm going to try to stay excited and not bring the thread down too much.

yea, i'm actually bummed. effin' hate terminal 5.

I have to second this. I've been to a number of shows here (and have more to come) and I hate this place. 

The only time it was enjoyable was when I had a VIP table on the second level and a waitress who would bring us drinks. That was nice.

Shit like that will never happen for me with most of the bands I like, but Trampled By Turtles are cool that way.

If I go to this show, I'll be lingering in the back or on the rails up top. Fuck dealing with that crowd.

I have to second this. I've been to a number of shows here (and have more to come) and I hate this place. 

The only time it was enjoyable was when I had a VIP table on the second level and a waitress who would bring us drinks. That was nice.

Shit like that will never happen for me with most of the bands I like, but Trampled By Turtles are cool that way.

If I go to this show, I'll be lingering in the back or on the rails up top. Fuck dealing with that crowd.

for me it's just the sound.

that place sounds like a tin box.

I even remember seeing Mars Volta there and disliking it.

(but this was after they had been opening for RHCP and the crowd was, let's say, more about the push and shove and less about the music)

Is it a shitty venue in Seattle? Contemplating either there or Portland?

I'm beyond stoked for this!

It's rather large and the sound isn't great. Definitely too big for a punk show in my opinion. I've not been to the Portland venue, though from the sound of it, it would be smaller and better. Since it's Monday and Tuesday, I'll likely stay in my own city if I decide to go. If it was the weekend, I'd consider going to Portland.

It's complete garbage.  I almost always skip a show  if it's there.

Edit; The Portland venue is pretty big too, but I'd go there over the Seattle venue any day of the week.

go up to vancouver and see em at the commodore.. probably the best venue on this tour.  plus you'll have cash to spare with the exchange rate.

It's complete garbage. I almost always skip a show if it's there.

Edit; The Portland venue is pretty big too, but I'd go there over the Seattle venue any day of the week.

It's at the Crystal, right? They have a 1,000 person capacity I believe. Not the worst venue but not the best either. The stage is in the left corner instead of it being centered.

It's at the Crystal, right? They have a 1,000 person capacity I believe. Not the worst venue but not the best either. The stage is in the left corner instead of it being centered.

Yeah.  It's not a terrible venue, much better that where they're playing here for sure!

go up to vancouver and see em at the commodore.. probably the best venue on this tour.  plus you'll have cash to spare with the exchange rate.

Unless I'm remembering wrong, I saw Refused there in 2012.  That place was awesome!

for me it's just the sound.

that place sounds like a tin box.

I even remember seeing Mars Volta there and disliking it.

(but this was after they had been opening for RHCP and the crowd was, let's say, more about the push and shove and less about the music)

Agreed that sound is less than stellar there.

St Andrews hall in Detroit doesnt suck at all

It's an all right place to see a show nine months out of the year, but going to a packed show in the summer months there is pure misery. When I saw the Suicide Machines reunion show there a few summers ago, I have literally never been in a hotter venue. I'm dreading going back there for Thrice and ATDI this summer.

That Suicide Machines show was the absolute worst that place has ever been. I'm not sure if there was another contributing factor, besides being oversold, but in 15 years of going there, that was truly the worst.

I'm actually a little surprised it wasn't at ROTM or State. I'm not mad about St Andrews, though. I just hope it's not a bitch to get tickets.