Death Waltz Recording Co. Vinyl Soundtrack Label for Cult Film Enthusiasts

http://deathwaltzrecordingcompany.com/texas-chain-saw-massacre-re-score/

The Texas Chain Saw Massacre re-score – 06/09/14

LTD to 800 copies worldwide

260 for Mondocon

240 for Beyond Fest

300 copies for Death Waltz Subscribers

Mondocon (ticket & record combined in entry price)

Beyond Fest (on sale before and during the performance)

Shocked they wouldn't go ahead & make it 1000 copies wordlwide, 200 for retail, for such a notorious film/score...

Bummed i'll miss this as well

Shocked they wouldn't go ahead & make it 1000 copies wordlwide, 200 for retail, for such a notorious film/score...

Bummed i'll miss this as well

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the demand for this one.  It's a newly made-up score that is being performed a couple of times but no release of the film will actually include it.  I'm attending Mondo Con but opted not to get tickets for the performance...had the vinyl been available aside from the screening I'd have probably picked it up and given it a spin, but as it stands I'm not really gonna lose any sleep over it.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the demand for this one.  It's a newly made-up score that is being performed a couple of times but no release of the film will actually include it.  I'm attending Mondo Con but opted not to get tickets for the performance...had the vinyl been available aside from the screening I'd have probably picked it up and given it a spin, but as it stands I'm not really gonna lose any sleep over it.

I'll be at mondocon as well! You're coming all the way from New Jersey??

You're definitely underestimating Umberto's popularity. Dude did a re-score of Pieces (of all things) that has sold very well.

You're definitely underestimating Umberto's popularity. Dude did a re-score of Pieces (of all things) that has sold very well.

I'm honestly not familiar with him at all so your opinion is very valid.  Re-scores just don't hold a lot of appeal for me, but you know what, that's what makes an item like this perfect to be an exclusive.

I'll be at mondocon as well! You're coming all the way from New Jersey??

Yep, flying in Thursday evening and leaving Monday morning.  Never been in Austin before so I'm treating it as a mini-vacation; hope it is as great as everyone makes it out to be. 

Also stoked to go check out Red 7 on Friday and Sunday nights to see Balance and Composure and Nails/Code Orange/Twitching Tongues, respectively. 

I don't want to be the a whining asshole, but I received my firs DW order in the mail and was quite disappointed. Ordered two copies of an album they had in stock and both arrived unsealed with all kinds of jacket damage:

dsc01154.jpg

dsc01156.jpg

dsc01157.jpg

dsc01159.jpg

dsc01160.jpg

dsc01161.jpg

dsc01162.jpg

dsc01163.jpg

dsc01167.jpg

Am I a dick for writing them about this? Nothing in the description mentioned anything about these not being new, and the price tag was quite hefty as well (paid $100 ppd for them).

Really hope Death Waltz continues to operate as its own thing under the Mondo umbrella, because I find that I enjoy 85% of DW releases versus ~30% of what Mondo puts out. Also gonna be real bummed out if the Mondo flipmode squad starts making DW stuff harder to get now.

More than anything, I just don't want DW to change what they're doing, because they've been crushing in terms of release selection, sound quality, artwork, packaging, etc. With Spencer at the helm, hopefully Mondo moves more toward the DW aesthetic than vice versa.

Emailed them on Monday. No response so far. 

Out of all the records I bought this year, I've only had issues with two orders, one from DWR and one from Mondo. Now they're joining forces :)

I've ordered once from DW & never again. Their customer service is horrible. Not looking forward to this merger if Spencer is running both but that probably means more employees & therefore better service. Their releases are awesome of course.

Emailed them on Monday. No response so far.

Out of all the records I bought this year, I've only had issues with two orders, one from DWR and one from Mondo. Now they're joining forces :)

I've ordered once from DW & never again. Their customer service is horrible. Not looking forward to this merger if Spencer is running both but that probably means more employees & therefore better service. Their releases are awesome of course.

Yes, DeathWaltz customer service is SHIT. One of the only labels I have had problems with and problems with 2/3 orders! So they didn't deliver on 2 orders (one for over $200) and didn't respond to any requests. SHIT service.

Mondo, on the other hand, has been perfect. Hope that doofus Spencer doesn't fuck up the good thing that Mondo is. Dude can't even keep his own label's shit together, never mind running 2 labels. :/