Dashboard Confessional - Swiss Army Romance Box Set $108.80 ppd

its comical that they thought they could make $170k off this.

thing is, when all that first came out it sounded pretty awesome, i mean yeah gimmicky but still, for those of us who didn't own SAR at the time, pretty awesome. then i saw the price and laughed until my sides hurt as i X'd off that window haha

i remember being pissed when they announced it as a 7" box set, it could have been a $40 price tag and i would have still be bummed. repress the LP and call it a day. a 7" box set (or 10") of the the EP's (Summer's Kiss, So Impossible, and The Drowning) would also be nice.

I totally get the whole collector appeal of the box set, but what about the fans that are working their way through college? I mean, I suppose that's what CDs and MP3s are for; but no matter what, if there was a standard black LP and the box set, the box set will STILL sell to extreme fans, as well as the LP to those who simply just want to enjoy the record. Not that I'm a huge fan of this particular record, considering I parted ways with my copy a month ago. It's just a bummer when a label doesn't consider their uprooting.

I'm still stoked about my copy I got on tour, where he also threw in a shirt, the tour poster, and signed it. No complaints.

244230_large.JPG?1313250371

I'd be interested to see more actual pictures of it like this. Just trying to figure out what makes this worth that amount of money? What is the packaging made out of? Is it pretty high quality? I'm not buying it, just interested.

Real thick, layered cardboard. Basically I got hooked when they had one out to play with at the merch table. The "swiss Army knife" components each hold a record, and while those can be a hassle to make sure they don't get messed up, but overall, it's a nice set, bu if bought outside of the context I bought it, drastically overpriced.

• 3 years later...

I stumbled upon one of these on ebay and managed to get one extremely cheap. Kind of thinking it might have even been cheaper than it was originally sold for.

Anyhow, I don't think it had even been opened because it was in perfect condition. The handwritten lyrics that come in the notebook are great. It's very sturdy and was built with thick material and cardboard.

I stumbled upon one of these on ebay and managed to get one extremely cheap. Kind of thinking it might have even been cheaper than it was originally sold for.

Anyhow, I don't think it had even been opened because it was in perfect condition. The handwritten lyrics that come in the notebook are great. It's very sturdy and was built with thick material and cardboard.

These are still available from the band's store.