Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

• 9 months later...

The only album that never really clicked with me was Adrenaline, after that they are all awesome to me. I will say I think koi and diamond are right up there with white pony in the top 3 for me.

I feel the same about adrenaline. Least favorite album. I have a hard time ranking the rest of their catalogue, I love every album, but for different reasons each.

It all depends on your point of view I guess. Adrenaline holds a special place for me because it was my first time hearing the band and it blew me away. To be honest though, it's almost an entirely different band compared to their later albums. Hard to compare...

That's where I'm at too.  I heard Adrenaline when it came out and it blew me away.  It's my least favorite album of theirs overall, but I still have a soft spot for it.

Maybe its because I first got into Deftones when 'Around the Fur Came' out and instantly went back to check out Adrenaline, but I can't imagine people ranking Adrenaline lower than the self-titled, Diamond Eyes, or Saturday Night Wrist.

My ranking:

White Pony >>>>>>> Around the Fur > Adrenaline > Koi Yo Yokan > Diamond Eyes > s/t > Saturday Night Wrist

It all depends on your point of view I guess. Adrenaline holds a special place for me because it was my first time hearing the band and it blew me away. To be honest though, it's almost an entirely different band compared to their later albums. Hard to compare...

Dead on.  By far this is my favorite Deftones album.  It's their most honest and raw material.

Birthmark live is the shit!!!! I remember the first time I saw them play Birthmark I was standing in the back of the crowd waiting to crowd surf and these 2 chicks were making out and dancing during the song. Not sure where it went but I ended up leaving when the song got crazy. :)

Digital Bath is the shit!!!! I remember the first time I listened to White Pony in the shower I was standing under the hot water waiting to clean my hair and these 2 bottles of shampoo and conditioner were just about empty and finished off during the song. Not sure where they went but I ended up exfoliating and rinsing when the song got crazy.

Digital Bath is the shit!!!! I remember the first time I listened to White Pony in the shower I was standing under the hot water waiting to clean my hair and these 2 bottles of shampoo and conditioner were just about empty and finished off during the song. Not sure where they went but I ended up exfoliating and rinsing when the song got crazy.

Brilliant. I like your version much more. :)

I borrowed the cassette from a friend. Such a raw and amazing sound.

White Pony is my favorite, though I believe that every album is awesome in their own way.

It's really easy to peg the younger crowd in here.  Adrenaline's 7 words, engine no. 9, bored were all my first taste of the greatness that is Deftones.  Looking back now and I guess a little bit of my aging has put Adrenaline down on the list of Deftones albums I listen to with any kind of frequency, but like others have said, Adrenaline holds a special place for me.  Here's my ranking:

White Pony>Diamond Eyes>Koi No Yokan>Around the Fur>Adrenaline>S/T>Saturday Night Wrist