Kris Roe from Ataris Temper Tantrum

I guess myself, thispartysucks128, and my other friend who went and saw them about two years ago were the only ones who had a good experience with him. They played at a really small basement venue in Akron, OH. We got in line, shook his hand, talked to him, and he even signed my "So Long, Astoria" CD booklet.

So this is really depressing for me to see. Oh well... Still excited for the new album if or when it finally comes out.

I remember when they released "boys of summer" other than that song it's hard to believe they had anything else worth listening to. Even a re release of a don henley song shouldn't be the reason to listen to them, but hell rappers get away with it might as well let other genres do the same. I had no idea these guys still put on shows.

I don't own a single thing by this band but I have heard a few songs over the years and they're not the worst band ever.

Someone mentioned it, they were on the cusp of being big right? Like radio-friendly big? Perhaps he's just a whiney asshole who can't deal with the fact that he was almost famous.

I don't own a single thing by this band but I have heard a few songs over the years and they're not the worst band ever.

Someone mentioned it, they were on the cusp of being big right? Like radio-friendly big? Perhaps he's just a whiney asshole who can't deal with the fact that he was almost famous.

if you count being radio-friendly big by playing someone else's song.

I remember when they released "boys of summer" other than that song it's hard to believe they had anything else worth listening to. Even a re release of a don henley song shouldn't be the reason to listen to them, but hell rappers get away with it might as well let other genres do the same. I had no idea these guys still put on shows.

Rappers cover songs? Unless you mean use samples.

I feel bad for bands like Red City Radio opening for them. A video like this is going to do nothing but drive away fans who might have gone to see them for nostalgias sake (because why else would you go see the ataris in 2012?). Now many of those fans won't after seeing him throw a fit like that and a band like RCR who should be getting exposure and recognition get shafted because they're the ones opening up for them on this tour.

I started disliking Roe after he made a public statement about how he refused to play Bite My Tongue live anymore. Very soon after that I saw them at The Glasshouse in Pomona and some kid got right up front and kept requesting the song. Roe ended up getting pissed, spitting in the kids face and have security throw him out. Now the more I hear about him the less I like him, which is sad because when something from Blue Skies or End is Forever pop up when iTunes is shuffling I still really dig it and get nostalgic thinking about when i first started listening to them.

Forget about "In This Diary?" I've heard that song on the radio more than "Boys Of Summer."

cant say that i do, but ill be honest and admit ive always thought this band was shit so my paying attention to them was at a minimum. to most people (meaning people that are not seeing the ataris in 2012), they will be remembered as the band that played someone else's song. thats of course assuming were talking about someone who knows that wasnt their song in the first place (and id bet there are people out there that didnt know that at one time - or still dont).

on that note, i dont mind cover songs but i get extremely cranky when bands release them as a single.

There's a response video on YouTube right now (I'd post it, but I'm on my phone). Roe discusses the entirety of the situation, and if he's telling the truth (which I assume he is), then there was more to the story than a two minute clip displays. Overall, the response makes them come across a bit more professional.

there is no reasonable justification for throwing a temper tantrum at your drummer, throwing his set at him and over him, like Kris did. dude is a fucking hack, has always been one, and always will be one. I dont know any band that has stretched out their 5 seconds of "fame and glory" out more than he has.