How much do you spend on records monthly?

Way too much this past year. My collection has exploded from probably 100 records in December to 400+ now. I think I'm averaging upwards of $400/month, I really need to cut back. Thankfully all the bands I like had represses of the records I most wanted this last year so there shouldn't be as much on a go forward basis. This hobby is getting too expensive.

Jealous, super jealous of some people. I'm a poor college student, so for awhile I was selling records I didn't listen to so I could find new ones- the. It was probably around 100-150 a month. Now it's closer to 20-30 a month since I was only going to school and not working.

I've been there man. Don't make the mistake I did. I had a whole bunch of 7's and LPs in High School. Sold them all in college, wish I had those things back. Sold my entire (albeit small) collection again after college and now am playing catch-up after starting to collect again about a year and a half ago!

Yeah working at a distributor has killed me, cause since everything is lower than retail I can convince myself to buy more stuff.

Word.

Plus if it's a slow day you just sit around ordering shit for the hell of it. Our shop has a ''borrow'' system which basically means pay it later. Really not looking forward to next month's bill.. PLUS we just reopened as a bar. Wallet=empty.

the first year or so of collecting i was easily dropping $100-150 a month... but living at home and steady pay certainly helped.

these days i'm limited to maybe buying an LP or two, and never spending more than like $30 a month.