Jump to content
topher

Tool Vinyl BUYING GUIDE (Original/Boots, etc.)

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, djghost1976 said:

Yeah, only resale tickets available for the LA shows when they went on sale today.  I'm good - saw them with Primus a couple years ago.  And yeah, Ticketmaster is shady as fuck. 

 

Yeah. Like right now, on the day of the first on-sale date, within 2 hours of the on-sale time, STUBHUB has between 5 and 140 tickets per section ALL AT INFLATED PRICES from the face value charged on TicketScalpster, in roughly EVERY single section of the venue for the Chicago date.

 

While the original sale site has between 0 and 5 seats listed in only some sections and everytime you attempted to claim a seat, you get a message saying "Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die."

 

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what's going on.

Edited by mcpherson123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I had $1 for every show I decided to not go to because of Ticketmaster/LiveNation fees I'd be able to sit anywhere at a Tool show. The only good thing I can say about LiveNation is they gave me free Slipknot tickets last weekend for no reason. I didn't buy any food or drinks, didn't use venue parking, didn't give them a cent. They're rotten to the core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

While the original sale site has between 0 and 5 seats listed in only some sections and everytime you attempted to claim a seat, you get a message saying "Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die."

That's the message I repeatedly got. I tried about 20 times, clicking on different seats. I eventually said fuck it and gave up. As much as I would like to see Tool, they're not worth that much time and aggravation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Billich0986 said:

That's the message I repeatedly got. I tried about 20 times, clicking on different seats. I eventually said fuck it and gave up. As much as I would like to see Tool, they're not worth that much time and aggravation. 

Just buy on stubhub later.  I went to the SF shows last time around for half price that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

StubHub is actually scalpers though, not necessarily TicketBastard moving tickets as they own TicketsNow while StubHub and eBay are partners.

TicketMaster makes their money with "Platinum Tickets" and you know they can very likely move tickets as "reseller" tickets without anyone being the wiser. Most people are probably not going to buy $500 tickets thinking they can scalp them for a tonne of money, most of the tickets on StubHub are higher and lower bowls not the expensive front floors. They've made their money already.

I just counted 1042 tickets on StubHub for the Detroit show, capacity is 15,083 for concerts. So they have 6.9% of the tickets on there.

They could help by making all lower bowl seats and floors CC-only entry. Then you can't scalp them outside of NY state where the laws are very pro-scalper and require paper options be made available.

Trent Reznor made a good post about it in 2009 ahead of the fantastic NIN/JA tour, the old NIN site's forums are gone but his post is archived in several places like this one - http://www.brooklynvegan.com/trent-reznor-th/

The attorney general in NY had a scathing report come out about the current state, really good but infuriating read - https://ag.ny.gov/pdfs/Ticket_Sales_Report.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

There is literally a direct channel from Ticketmaster to all third party ticker resell websites. They're just a faction of the point of sale seller now. Its complete and thorough corruption at this point and there's no alternative for the consumer. Just got to be one of those lucky few who get a ticket for face value. I'm waiting in a queue right now. If two tickets cost more than $200 after fees and lies and cons I might have to sit this tour out. It will be the first tour I won't have seen since 2001.

Tried to get 3 tickets.  After being told another fan grabbed the selected seats for about 10 minutes I finally landed 3 tickets.  Then I saw the total was $430 and ducked out.

I imagine I'll be able to grab similar seats the day of for about the same price, if not better in one of those regards (better seats or better price).  If not, eh, oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That works well for a very small venue, will calls aren't equipped for a larger floor section entirely being will called. You want CC-only entry. u2 did it for all the floors of the stadium Joshua Tree tour and other than Vancouver which was the first stop on the bill, it was a massive success. I was on the floor in Toronto and I walked up, they scanned my credit card, it beeped and they gave us two GA Floor wristbands. Bam. Took all of 5 seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dobyblue said:

That works well for a very small venue, will calls aren't equipped for a larger floor section entirely being will called. You want CC-only entry. u2 did it for all the floors of the stadium Joshua Tree tour and other than Vancouver which was the first stop on the bill, it was a massive success. I was on the floor in Toronto and I walked up, they scanned my credit card, it beeped and they gave us two GA Floor wristbands. Bam. Took all of 5 seconds.

That works well too. Definitely a good future take on it. Will call with ID can work, but it needs to work like a theme park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

 

Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die.

Same shit I got. Some of those seats were still there 20 minutes later. 

I'm not complaining because I didn't get tickets. I'm complaining because I had to try a whole other venue where I'll be so close to the ceiling that it'll take me 15 minutes just to get up toy seat. Sad face emoji.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Ticketmaster wanted to stop scalpers they could but why would they?  They just sold our every show in no time thanks to them. And now they allow people to sell over face value right through their site and they get a nice % of every sale.  It's free money for them. 

 

I didn't even bother trying for Tool.  The prices were out of control. I'll pay a premium for smaller venue shows like when nin toured last year but I'm not paying a similar amount to be 100 yards from the band. Thankfully I saw them tour for their last  3 albums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fish said:

If Ticketmaster wanted to stop scalpers they could but why would they?  They just sold our every show in no time thanks to them. And now they allow people to sell over face value right through their site and they get a nice % of every sale.  It's free money for them. 

 

I didn't even bother trying for Tool.  The prices were out of control. I'll pay a premium for smaller venue shows like when nin toured last year but I'm not paying a similar amount to be 100 yards from the band. Thankfully I saw them tour for their last  3 albums. 

It is for that exact fact of the vender's greed-driven incentivization to be a complete piece of shit that bands need to start vending to their own audiences with new and creative methods of limiting the power and scope of would-be scalpers. Seriously, we live amongst such scum that we can't even get over charged by only the first business just to see our favorite artists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen them 3 times since 2014, if I miss this tour I'll live, but I didn't even try this morning, if tickets end up in my hands then cool, if not oh well. I do feel bad for everyone though who wanted tickets, they really do need to figure something out about this ticket scalper bullshit, I'm still trying to find Mr. Bungle tickets for February since it seems like all of them went to Stubhub.

Edited by Reshiram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, mcpherson123 said:

 

"Sorry! Another fan has done some magical bullshit that you can't do and fuck yourself and go die in a hole somewhere or pay more fucking money to our buddies who have all the fucking tickets you losing cunt. We hate you and can't wait to see you die."

 

Sorry but you can't purchase from us. Those $70 tickets you just tried to purchase were not really there. But you can purchase those same tickets from StubHub.🤯🔫

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

Every time this thread goes bold I get the same feeling as when my ex shows up on my caller ID.

Thankfully my ex only shows up on my caller ID about as often as we get new TOOL albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×