Recently Viewing

Whiplash: Sorry Birdman, you were great, but this beast should have won Best Picture.

Word...or Boyhood...

Also, The Theory of Everything was an extremely boring sappy schmaltzy film that makes me sad Stephen Hawking didn't get the film about his life that he deserves. 

Watched the movie About Time because KeepDoubting recommended it and it was surprisingly fantastic. looks like a romcom but is totally not at all...

Wasn't a huge fan of Foxcatcher or Birdman...both were pretty middle of the road flicks that I probably will never watch or think about again...

Still have to see Selma, The Imitation Game and American Sniper and I am suspecting that I am going to hate all three of them...but we will see...

Word...or Boyhood...

Also, The Theory of Everything was an extremely boring sappy schmaltzy film that makes me sad Stephen Hawking didn't get the film about his life that he deserves. 

Watched the movie About Time because KeepDoubting recommended it and it was surprisingly fantastic. looks like a romcom but is totally not at all...

Wasn't a huge fan of Foxcatcher or Birdman...both were pretty middle of the road flicks that I probably will never watch or think about again...

Still have to see Selma, The Imitation Game and American Sniper and I am suspecting that I am going to hate all three of them...but we will see...

About Time was surprisingly excellent. Everyone I've recommended it to has really enjoyed it.

I thought The Imitation Game was great. Selma and American Sniper were fine.

If you're a fan of documentaries then I can't recommend The Overnighters enough. One of the most surprisingly heartbreaking things I've seen in a while. It's on Netflix now so you have no excuses.

I'm seconded this.  I can say with zero doubt that this is one of the greatest documentaries I've ever seen.  What an amazing story about a man being trying his hardest to be a good person and help his fellow man.  Do yourselves a favor and watch this immediately.  

I watched Snowpiercer before any of the critical acclaim came about, strictly because I thought the two sentence description on IMDB made it sound cool, and I fucking loved it.

I know sometimes hype can make or break a movie, but going in blind on that one worked out well for me.  And like Ronnie said, that's just my opinion.

louie season 4 got added to netflx. gonna be my next binge after peaky blinders.

i also hate the ads on hulu plus.  i pay  8 bucks and still have them.  its infuriating. 

I loved Season 4. The tone of the whole season was even stranger than usual (if that's possible with Louie) and even with a six-part episode about some pretty mundane shit, it all held up very well. Louis CK really is a genius.