they followed me on twitter and asked me to follow them and sent me a DM. theyre gonna credit me and also tag me when they announce the winner of the contest.

better than being ignored i guess

tell them to give you some tickets  ;)  it happens every now and then with my photog friend.  if they don't compensate him, he forces them to take it down

@jhulud - this will be the norm for a while.  <_<

tell them to give you some tickets  ;)  it happens every now and then with my photog friend.  if they don't compensate him, he forces them to take it down

@jhulud - this will be the norm for a while.  <_<

I almost guarantee it went something like this:

Live Nation Marketing Manager: "Hey designer, we need a promo banner in 7 sizes for this giveaway, information is in the brief."

Designer: "Here you go."

Live Nation Marketing Manager: "Looks good but can we make the call to action and logo bigger."

Designer: "Sure, here you go."

Live Nation Marketing Manager: "We also want a picture of the prizes."

Designer: "Do we have a picture of the prizes?"

Live Nation Marketing Manager: "No."

Designer: "Ah fuck. Fine."

<googles photos>

i did a design for a hair salon/boutique.

there were two owners, each to pay their allotted amount.

the other half never paid, so i waited it out..i was generous as i let it go 3 months.

then i sent a cease and desist letter from my lawyer friend who loves sending out nasty letters.

boy that sign came down in half an hour....never did see that money.

Why does that happen so often? Do people really think the actual owner is not going to follow through if they don't get paid for their work? That's some fucking bullshit, and I feel for anyone who does design/photography work and has to deal with that crap.

Why does that happen so often? Do people really think the actual owner is not going to follow through if they don't get paid for their work? That's some fucking bullshit, and I feel for anyone who does design/photography work and has to deal with that crap.

One of our accounts stiffed us out of $50,000, then filed for bankruptcy. The same owner buys it back at far cheaper, renames it, & the dumbass higher-ups decide to give them an account again.

'merica

One of our accounts stiffed us out of $50,000, then filed for bankruptcy. The same owner buys it back at far cheaper, renames it, & the dumbass higher-ups decide to give them an account again.

'merica

That is pretty fucking dumb of them to do. 'merica is the only logical response to that situation.

Ah Juan, you locked the fun thread :(.

Clearing me telling him he was too lazy to pay for a "family relic" of a $500 7" was the same as people asking money for a wheelchair or money for sick family members. They are totally on the same level.

I'm surprised he actually responded today, since he didn't for a few days. He must have gotten all uppity about it. I agree with the lock, but more fun could have been had.

Motherfucker got me HEATED.

I saw that, and you had every reason too. Dude is clearly just asking for a hand out, and comparing apples to shit when we try to point it out. He either has no sense of how money works, is super dense, or just an entitled asshole who thinks others should pay his way through life.

I saw that, and you had every reason too. Dude is clearly just asking for a hand out, and comparing apples to shit when we try to point it out. He either has no sense of how money works, is super dense, or just an entitled asshole who thinks others should pay his way through life.

All of the above :)

All of the above :)

Most likely the case.

Trying to defend himself was ridiculous. I can't believe how dense he is.

It really was. I seriously can't comprehend how people think like that.

just an entitled asshole who thinks others should pay his way through life.

Still internally enraged from that guy.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help.

but dude is a complete stranger to the community

& not once gave any indication that him and his family were going to put a fucking cent towards this non-necessity.

No.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic