Rated R is good, but SFTD is the best no question IMO

I'm with ya 100% on this. SFTD is their best methinks. And no...not cuz Dave Grohl plays in it, but essentially this is the record that Homme found his groove in and the songwriting is at is strongest. And Oliveri doesn't get as much credit as he should as a bass player but also songwriter as well. 

I'm with ya 100% on this. SFTD is their best methinks. And no...not cuz Dave Grohl plays in it, but essentially this is the record that Homme found his groove in and the songwriting is at is strongest. And Oliveri doesn't get as much credit as he should as a bass player but also songwriter as well. 

Yeah, it was basically Oliveri's idea to make it a concept album IIRC, and that's half the fun with SFTD.

That one was easily the hardest to watch in my opinion, but great. Of all the episodes, I think The Waldo Moment and The National Anthem are the two I've never wanted to revisit.

Out of curiosity for those who have watched the show, which episode do you recommend people watch to try and get into it? I showed my friends White Bear tonight, but I was having a tough time thinking which was best for a first.

Even though every episode is self contained, I'm a firm believer in starting from the beginning with everything.  Season 1, episode 1 or don't watch at all :)

Good first Saturday of the month to you all folks

Jason, I got your card :wub:

Good!! I was running out of ways to avoid giving you my Paypal info so you could pay me for the record i was trying to give you as a gift lol. Enjoy it kiddo :D 

Speaking of depressing, this Messes album is dope

THE ONLY THINGS I TEND TO RELATE TO ARE THE LIES I TELL MYSELF

THEYRE THE ONLY THINGS THAT GET ME OUT OF BED

IT'S PERFECTLY CALCULATED.....

Feel better sir. Working this chilly morning?

Thanks! Nope, I don't usually work on Saturday as my branch is closed but sometimes I help a homie out and cover his branch that I used to work at. Terminator 2 is about to come on starz so here's to hoping I can watch most of it in peace before the girls wake up!

Thanks! Nope, I don't usually work on Saturday as my branch is closed but sometimes I help a homie out and cover his branch that I used to work at. Terminator 2 is about to come on starz so here's to hoping I can watch most of it in peace before the girls wake up!

Word word, I know that "cover me, I'll cover you" gig very well having spent so long in the pizza shop biz. Enjoy your alone time. My stepson is leaving soon to go skateboard with his friend all day so that's one headache not happening lol. Think I'm gonna take the long dive into Rick & Morty today and see what all these kids are yammering on about lol

Word word, I know that "cover me, I'll cover you" gig very well having spent so long in the pizza shop biz. Enjoy your alone time. My stepson is leaving soon to go skateboard with his friend all day so that's one headache not happening lol. Think I'm gonna take the long dive into Rick & Morty today and see what all these kids are yammering on about lol

Ha. It's good, you'll enjoy it...and nope, my solo time didn't last very long.

you enjoy sir that show is great, Dom will tell you it's overrated and he's the only one. Everyone else I know agrees it's genius

you enjoy sir that show is great, Dom will tell you it's overrated and he's the only one. Everyone else I know agrees it's genius

I'm always late to the party with shows and movies because music takes front row for me always, but in recent years I have noticed my watching anything animated is less and less. I never thought I would get this way, but I'd rather hear songs than watch and follow...

I'm always late to the party with shows and movies because music takes front row for me always, but in recent years I have noticed my watching anything animated is less and less. I never thought I would get this way, but I'd rather hear songs than watch and follow...

This is me, but this show sucked me in. A girl I dated earlier in the year showed me it, and we binge watched the first season. When the second season came out, I watched each week online as it came out. It commanded my attention.

Finally listening to the 3rd disc of that Kamasi Washington album, it truely is epic. I'd like to buy a physical copy eventually, but it's kind of expensive and I don't see it getting regular play cause I'm not as into jazz anymore but this really is worth a listen to anyone who hasn't checked it out

How is T2 watching going?

No good now...my 3 year old woke up first and came and snuggled with me while we watched it. Then my 6 year old got up and sat with us. Then mama bear woke up and said we needed to turn it. The young ones fought with her about it but mama bear won after the t1000 liquid stabbed the cop through the eye. So no we watch good burger.

No good now...my 3 year old woke up first and came and snuggled with me while we watched it. Then my 6 year old got up and sat with us. Then mama bear woke up and said we needed to turn it. The young ones fought with her about it but mama bear won after the t1000 liquid stabbed the cop through the eye. So no we watch good burger.

that'll do it lol

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic