I read Atlas Shrugged 2-3 years ago and that book just beats the point into your head too.  There is absolutely no subtly in it.  Message aside, it's just a poorly written novel.  I have a copy of The Fountainhead stashed in my closet.  I've heard it's the better of the two, but I don't know if I'll ever read it.

Missed the NGE talk last night.  Loved that show in high school (and still have my DVDs somewhere).

Last LP of 2015 was Nick Cave & The Bad Seed's Murder Ballads.  The Cave reissues have been some of my favourite releases of the year, an appropriate thing to end it on.

First LP of the morning is Tim Hecker - Virgins.  Perfect music to start a quiet day around the house.

...I had to read The Fountainhead over the summer for school, and it was the most obnoxiously pretentious thing I've ever seen.

Haha, I keep planning on leaving my copy of Atlas Shrugged at a bus stop.  Might just leave both of them.  If the thing wasn't so damn long, I'd probably just power through it.  The fact that it's 400 pages makes it a hard for me to even want to sit down with it.

Ghost or John, do either of you have the Pop Unknown - The Illegal Release EP? Physical or digital?

Not this guy.

Last albums 2015: Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology (vinyl)

Grimes - Art Angels (digital)

First of the year...I'm thinking Pop Unknown - If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra (vinyl)

shuffling my phone for digital.

Went out and grabbed some poutine with a couple of friends, now I'm spinning Converge and updating my Dead Format list. Which will probably go back to being out of date by about March anyway, because I only ever remember to update Discogs.  :unsure:

I just do discogs.  I don't like the layout of Dead Format at all and discogs is more extensive in general.  Doing both seems like a lot of work :)

I just do discogs.  I don't like the layout of Dead Format at all and discogs is more extensive in general.  Doing both seems like a lot of work :)

I don't have any good reason as to why I'm trying to maintain both. I think it's just because I'm bored. I definitely prefer Discogs all around.

I don't have any good reason as to why I'm trying to maintain both. I think it's just because I'm bored. I definitely prefer Discogs all around.

I try to keep both up to date for the convenience of others. I know that lots of people don't like reading through a Discogs list if a DF page is available, but I also like to look at mine with Discogs as personal preference. Everybody wins!

Not this guy.

Last albums 2015: Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetapolothology (vinyl)

Grimes - Art Angels (digital)

First of the year...I'm thinking Pop Unknown - If Arsenic Fails, Try Algebra (vinyl)

shuffling my phone for digital.

Ooh, I like this game :)

Last of 2015: Converge - When Forever Comes Crashing (vinyl)

Jimmy Eat World - Clarity (digital)

First of 2016: The White Stripes - De Stijl (vinyl)

Foo Fighters - The Colour and the Shape (digital)

Last vinyl of 2015/first vinyl of 2016 - The Gloria Record - Start Here. I started listening to it a few minutes before midnight.

First digital of 2016 - The Fire Theft - S/T.

I read Atlas Shrugged 2-3 years ago and that book just beats the point into your head too. There is absolutely no subtly in it. Message aside, it's just a poorly written novel. I have a copy of The Fountainhead stashed in my closet. I've heard it's the better of the two, but I don't know if I'll ever read it.

Missed the NGE talk last night. Loved that show in high school (and still have my DVDs somewhere).

Last LP of 2015 was Nick Cave & The Bad Seed's Murder Ballads. The Cave reissues have been some of my favourite releases of the year, an appropriate thing to end it on.

First LP of the morning is Tim Hecker - Virgins. Perfect music to start a quiet day around the house.

I want to take the dive on the Nick Cave records, but have been slow to pull the trigger.

Not this guy.

No, I wish

Damn.

Well this Chromecast Audio was sorta a waste, it will not play all the hi-res files I have. It plays like 10% of the them.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic