I don't have any records with significant warps. Do I need to invest in a record clamp anytime soon?

I have not used one in the 15 years I've been collecting, so probably now. I'm just getting one because I have a few records that warrant it because I can't replace them for a reasonable price.

Morning ladies and gents. I think I slept 2-3 hours last night. Gonna make for a great day :).

Always makes for a really fun day. Don't cut any digits off today.

Ordered a JA Michell record clamp and new mat last night to combat the last few records I got that have been slightly warped. Hopefully the clamp will flatten them out enough to play safely.

Please let me know how well it works for you, I really like what I've seen online and even though I don't have many if save for a few warped albums that don't play significantly different, I like the promise of deeper tighter bass from eliminating the dead space between the record and the platter

But I think it's roughly 10k per digit!

That's a lot, but I think I'd rather have my fingers still.

Please let me know how well it works for you, I really like what I've seen online and even though I don't have many if save for a few warped albums that don't play significantly different, I like the promise of deeper tighter bass from eliminating the dead space between the record and the platter

Will do. It just shipped, so hopefully it'll be here early next week.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy Fowtay!

7 hours to go til sweet sweet freedom. How u b?

Welp, I have 6 hours until literally never working in my place of employment any longer!!! So GREAT!

(I start student teaching next week, so I'll be less present on here and 4 months away from finally graduating! Wahoo...it only took me a decade, but I'm doing it.)

Welp, I have 6 hours until literally never working in my place of employment any longer!!! So GREAT!

(I start student teaching next week, so I'll be less present on here and 4 months away from finally graduating! Wahoo...it only took me a decade, but I'm doing it.)

Congrats man!!! That's awesome.

What grade will you be student teaching?

That's awesome. I've always thought about doing teaching as a backup in the future...let us know how it is!

Congrats man!!! That's awesome.

What grade will you be student teaching?

Thanks! It's going to be 4th grade followed by some younger age (not determined yet).

That's awesome. I've always thought about doing teaching as a backup in the future...let us know how it is!

Teaching is both awful and outstanding. It just depends on the circumstances, the location, the time of year, the month, the day, the minute, etc.

I, personally love it, but I've yet to deal with the intricacies and politics involved. So that should be interesting at the least.

Uhh so I'm trying to transfer to a new store for work. Same company just different location. My boss at my current location is very "disappointed" in me. So fucking annoying. Gotta do what works best for me right now. Hes just butt hurt to lose the guy that pretty much runs the entire show for him. Gotta love it. Butcher problems.

Uhh so I'm trying to transfer to a new store for work. Same company just different location. My boss at my current location is very "disappointed" in me. So fucking annoying. Gotta do what works best for me right now. Hes just butt hurt to lose the guy that pretty much runs the entire show for him. Gotta love it. Butcher problems.

I  hate when people are like that. Best of luck to you though, sounds like you could take his job.

Thanks! It's going to be 4th grade followed by some younger age (not determined yet).

Teaching is both awful and outstanding. It just depends on the circumstances, the location, the time of year, the month, the day, the minute, etc.

I, personally love it, but I've yet to deal with the intricacies and politics involved. So that should be interesting at the least.

Damn... more power to you! That's awesome theres folks like you who have the fortitude & care to teach. I'd go nucking futs.

Not your problem, and you do have to do what is bets for you.

I  hate when people are like that. Best of luck to you though, sounds like you could take his job.

Agreed. My old job tried to guilt me into staying since I ran the night shift (even though I was not a supervisor). They offered a 25 cent raise, when my new job was double the pay of the old. What a joke. People need to stop relying on one employee and letting everyone else do whatever the fuck they want.

RFC sent me a replacement for my warped record today. I sent them a video and the warp was worse then I thought when I tried to play it.

Agreed. I've never lost a digit, but $10k disappears in a hurry. $100k a little less quickly, but ummm you wouldn't have any fingers...how would you change a cartridge or put a record back in the sleeve?

He could get one of those new prosthetic hands that your brain powers on one side and a big fucking cleaver on the end of the other stump!

Body modification for your trade is the future.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic