4 hours ago, Youinreverse said:

I'm going to see Brand New/Modest Mouse tonight. I hope the crowd isn't too terrible. 

After a few months I managed to find a ticket for cost (thanks to @Twistedshabazz) and our venue is like 5,000 max or something so I hope it's not bad.

Also, apparently they've been playing "Night on the Sun" lately in honor of the reissue, so I reeeeeally hope they do...my favorite of theirs, tied with "Talking Shit..."

Morning dudes. Funny you should bring up jimmy johns, as that's what im getting for lunch. Gotta love that #9 with no tomatoes add hot peppers. I get lucky because they don't deliver here but they bank with us and come get coin everyday so when they call in change orders they ask if we want anything...why yes, yes I do.

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Morning dudes. Funny you should bring up jimmy johns, as that's what im getting for lunch. Gotta love that #9 with no tomatoes add hot peppers. I get lucky because they don't deliver here but they bank with us and come get coin everyday so when they call in change orders they ask if we want anything...why yes, yes I do.

#12 Beach Club for me.

1 hour ago, The Butcha said:

Do you guys have Jersey Mikes out there? Cause J Mikes > J Johns. 

Jersey Mike's is great, so sloppy (Mike's way) but so filling. Their turkey is really good.

also,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Agnostic-Front-Men-s-Skinhead-T-shirt-Black/138022743

up the punx.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

12 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

After a few months I managed to find a ticket for cost (thanks to @Twistedshabazz) and our venue is like 5,000 max or something so I hope it's not bad.

Also, apparently they've been playing "Night on the Sun" lately in honor of the reissue, so I reeeeeally hope they do...my favorite of theirs, tied with "Talking Shit..."

It ended up being a really great show. I hate the venue, but it was nice to see Modest Mouse again. They played a nice mix of songs. Lots of Moon & Antarctica, including What People Are Made of, which they haven't played live since 2002. 

3 hours ago, seangj said:

I'll be at Red Rocks tonight. Great venue, but always horrible crowds. 

I'll be there at the end of July/early August for The Avett Brothers, The National, and LCD Soundsystem. I can't wait.

5 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Do you guys have Jersey Mikes out there? Cause J Mikes > J Johns. 

We had a J Mikes on the other side of town some years back and they were great, but then they closed randomly and we got Firehouse which sucks in my opinion. The closest J Mikes to me now is about 35 minutes away :( 

5 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

We had a J Mikes on the other side of town some years back and they were great, but then they closed randomly and we got Firehouse which sucks in my opinion. The closest J Mikes to me now is about 35 minutes away :( 

might as well come to Conway for that matter :)

2 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Oh shit, they opened one recently in Hudson. It's like a 20 minute drive, but I'll try it out this weekend.

I just had lunch there. Should have texted you guys a photo. But I devoured it. #13 miles way plus mayo and mustard is THE sandwich. So good. Everything I want in a cold sub. 

1 minute ago, The Butcha said:

I just had lunch there. Should have texted you guys a photo. But I devoured it. #13 miles way plus mayo and mustard is THE sandwich. So good. Everything I want in a cold sub. 

#13 with extra onions, banana peppers, mayo, mustard, and all the spices, oil and vinegar. The only thing I ever get there. It's beyond perfect. That plus a cold A&W. DONE.

CbCx-6VW8AMQoXK.jpg

I found a user on RateYourMusic who reviews waaaaaay too much music (almost 20 JUST TODAY, and they're ALL vaporwave) and I got curious, so I checked out his 1 and 0.5 star ratings. He has 59 1-stars and 11 0.5-stars out of 7100+ total, and one of the 1-star ratings was Jane Doe, which he even wrote a full review for:

I don't fucking understand how these lyrics are supposed to be in these songs. I'm listening to the music and I'm hearing that there must be vocals there, but when I follow along, I cannot for the life of me figure out how I'm supposed to hear this.

Let's work with an example. This is taken from the song "Fault and Fracture":

"You were most beautiful as the damage and the trauma / Pounding hard with battered wings of destiny"

O RLY? Because what I heard was:

"AHH YAH YAH! RAH YRAH YRRAH! RAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! / RAHHH YAH YYYYYYYYA"

Somehow, I don't think I'm meant to hear the lyrics of these songs at all, but I'm rather supposed to pretend that they're there. That seems more likely than their actual presence existing. Of course, in other songs, I hear lyrics that weren't even there to begin with, such as in "Distance and Meaning". Something about that's why I die? I don't know, and I don't care.

Converge brings a whole new meaning to immature music for me. The fact that the majority of people have complained and flamed about immature lyrics being in the genres that I listen to, then they go right around and listen to this? Even if I could make out the lyrics that were being told to me, I would still find this music to be highly childish. Shouting abrasively is ridiculous. Ironically enough, the instrumentation is wonderful, which makes me hate myself even more for not liking this.

While skimming other people's thoughts on the album, I notice that a good deal of people choose to ignore the idea of lyrics altogether and focus on the musical aspects and the concept. This is an album about a breakup (more immature shit) and the feelings that came afterward (okay, not exactly THE most immature, but my god...). The music itself is a combination of rage, hatred, depression, brooding thoughts, (possibly) dread...a mix of all of those things that breakups are made out of. How original. Somehow, I'm not seeing this superior concept that everybody is talking about.

I really don't think I'm understanding Jane Doe at all. Or at the very least, I don't understand how people are so ass over Adam for it.

I'm fairly certain that this album exists solely for the purpose of confusing and pissing me off. I don't see any other reason for it to exist, considering that it's caused me this much worthless thought already. I go now, hoping to never cross paths with this band again as they are clearly on a higher (no, lower. Lower sounds right) plane of existence than I am.

Or maybe I'll return to it someday and I'll have lost enough brain cells to where I can hear the words of each song clearly without the lyrics in front of me. That sounds nice.

In the middle of "Phoenix in Flight", I decided to grant myself relief by listening to Fred instead.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic