36 minutes ago, deafening said:

Just bought my ticket to see Nothing solo on Wednesday. I have never been to a show by myself before.

This should be extra awkward.

I've been to hundreds of shows. I went with someone to less than two dozen of those. This was before smartphones too, so I had to just stand there (it was also before I started drinking).

It's awkward between bands but that's about it. Grab a drink at the bar and fuck around on your phone. Talk to the band at their merch table. Get them to sign the tour press and then $$$eBay$$$ that shit. It won't be so bad.

There's a Zen to doing typically social activities by yourself. I strongly believe it's healthy to do something like taking yourself out to dinner and a movie once in awhile.  

58 minutes ago, THE_James_Champ said:

Howdy people. Miami bound for The Cure. Can't wait.

If they play Disintegration, pour out a couple tears for ya boy Bruce Willy.

If they play A Forest, One Hundred Years, AND Disintegration then I kinda hate you. Throw in Fascination Street as well and I'll be so jealous it'll hurt.

With the way musicians are dying lately I'll probably need to travel to see them next time they tour, just in case.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I strongly believe it's healthy to do something like taking yourself out to dinner and a movie once in awhile.  

Same. I used to hit up bars and random places by myself all the time and I always enjoyed myself, so I'm pretty excited to do this solo. It's just going to blow that my phone will be my default entertainment in between sets because I'm 99% terrified to talk to people, and I won't be indulging in any liquid courage this time around. 

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I've been to hundreds of shows. I went with someone to less than two dozen of those. This was before smartphones too, so I had to just stand there (it was also before I started drinking).

It's awkward between bands but that's about it. Grab a drink at the bar and fuck around on your phone. Talk to the band at their merch table. Get them to sign the tour press and then $$$eBay$$$ that shit. It won't be so bad.

There's a Zen to doing typically social activities by yourself. I strongly believe it's healthy to do something like taking yourself out to dinner and a movie once in awhile.  

I hate going to concerts with friends, especially GA ones that will get rough. None of them are really into music and I always end up babysitting them to make sure they don't get hurt. Fuck that, just let me go alone, mosh, and have fun. 

The rest of the "typically social" things I do alone because I don't have anyone to do them with but concerts I strongly prefer to do alone 

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

If they play A Forest, One Hundred Years, AND Disintegration then I kinda hate you. Throw in Fascination Street as well and I'll be so jealous it'll hurt.

With the way musicians are dying lately I'll probably need to travel to see them next time they tour, just in case.

My uncle was shitting on them so next time I saw him I wore my Disintegration t-shirt 

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I hate going to concerts with friends, especially GA ones that will get rough. None of them are really into music and I always end up babysitting them to make sure they don't get hurt. Fuck that, just let me go alone, mosh, and have fun. 

The rest of the "typically social" things I do alone because I don't have anyone to do them with but concerts I strongly prefer to do alone 

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My uncle was shitting on them so next time I saw him I wore my Disintegration t-shirt 

3 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I took my best friend who (at the time) didn't listen to music (and now only listens to EDM) to a few hardcore/metal shows and it was always really funny. First show I took him to was Sounds of the Underground 2007 so he got exposued to A LOT. The first band was This is Hell, so his reaction to me moshing, pushing people or of my way, and climbing on people to get to the mic was hilarious. To this day he still brings it up. I just let the crowd take him away during The Acacia Strain. Then I crowd dived while crowd surfing and landed on him.

My girlfriend can hold down a pit like no one's business. She's not even really into my music but she'll level a dude 3-4x her size for trying to fuck with either of us.

9 minutes ago, deafening said:

Same. I used to hit up bars and random places by myself all the time and I always enjoyed myself, so I'm pretty excited to do this solo. It's just going to blow that my phone will be my default entertainment in between sets because I'm 99% terrified to talk to people, and I won't be indulging in any liquid courage this time around. 

Talking to people is terrifying. I've definitely walked away from girls trying to hit on me at shows.

25 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Man. I was down to like...nothing on my incoming list, but some stuff I wanted finally started getting put out again at reasonable enough prices. Back up to 8 :wacko:

I've slowed down a lot but the Prince reissues and the Constellations repress got me back into the game 

3 minutes ago, The Butcha said:

Same. Mine was dwindling down and now it's back up to 10. 

Yikes! What are you getting? Since you're getting more than me there might be something in there I want. :P

Incoming I've got:

Salem's Pot - Pronounce This

Hey Mercedes repress

Syl Johnson repress

Sunny Day Real Estate -HIFTBSO repress

If These Trees Could Talk - Bones of  a Dying World

a replacment for my defective Case/Lang/Veirs

The Speed of Sound in Seawater

and that new Skeletonwitch EP

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Man. I was down to like...nothing on my incoming list, but some stuff I wanted finally started getting put out again at reasonable enough prices. Back up to 8 :wacko:

Same. I had one a week or so ago, now I have 6.

Edit: I'm spinning that ITTCT now.

Edited by Thomas³

11 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Same. I had one a week or so ago, now I have 6.

Edit: I'm spinning that ITTCT now.

I can't wait to get mine. I'm guessing it'll be at work for me this week. I'm anxious to see what variant it ends up being (probably black) and glad it was as inexpensive as I got it for :)

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I can't wait to get mine. I'm guessing it'll be at work for me this week. I'm anxious to see what variant it ends up being (probably black) and glad it was as inexpensive as I got it for :)

US? If so, they are all black. EU pressing had some gray marble though. What'd you pick it up for?

6 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They didn't play Disintegration at my show, but we did get A Forest, One Hundred Years, and Fascination Street. The woman behind me brought her seven year old daughter, and she knew the words and screamed along to pretty much every song they played that night. It was adorable. 

Edited by Youinreverse

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yikes! What are you getting? Since you're getting more than me there might be something in there I want. :P

*shels - Plains of the Purple Buffalo | ShelsMusic | 3rd Press | Purple /300 [PO]

Dikembe - Hail Something | Death Protector Collective | 1st Press | Clear Yellow /200 (Death Protector Exclusive) [PO]

Every Time I Die - Low Teens | Epitaph Records | 1st Press | Baby Pink /300 (Euro Store Exclusive) [PO]

Glasir - Unborn | Elusive Sound Records | 1st Press | Clear w/Gold Splatter /133

Lifted Bells - Overreactor | RFC Records | 1st Press | Green/Yellow/Red/White Starburst /300 [PO]

Look Mexico - Uniola | Tiny Engines | 1st Press | Opaque Lavender/White Split /200 [PO]

Maylene and The Sons Of Disaster - S/T | Mono Vs. Stereo Records | 1st Press | Red/Yellow Split | /?? [PO]

Owen - The King of Whys | Polyvinyl Records | 1st Press | Red/Yellow Starburst /1000 (Early Bird Exclusive) [PO]

Russian Circles - Guidance | Sargent House | 1st Press | Translucent Brown w/Burgundy Splatter /1500 [PO]

Touche Amore - Stage Four | Epitaph Records | 1st Press | Milky Clear w/Oxblood Blob /500 (Euro Store Exclusive) [PO]

Got some goodies on the way ;)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic