3 hours ago, Boyoma said:

morning. It's taking awhile to get adjusted to the west coast time zone. I have been going to bed and waking up super early so maybe it's not all bad. Also has anyone watched the hulu show Difficult People? I've been laughing a lot with it.

So wait did you move out here?? West coast time is the best coast time by the way ;)

Welp, I'm getting a test press that I didn't even make it into the hands of anyone except people that worked on that album. I'm getting it directly from the guy who did the artwork for it, and who is also in an amazing post rock band I love. He is also selling me the test press of their first album, of which only 7 exist. 4 are with band members, 2 are with the label, and 1 is unaccounted for. It'll be completing my collection for that band, and getting a major piece for my other collection. I just got so fucking lucky. The piece is so rare that I've never seen it for sale, I've never even seen a picture of it till now, and it's not even on Discogs. Fuck.

2 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Come visit the PDX!

Yup.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Welp, I'm getting a test press that I didn't even make it into the hands of anyone except people that worked on that album. I'm getting it directly from the guy who did the artwork for it, and who is also in an amazing post rock band I love. He is also selling me the test press of their first album, of which only 7 exist. 4 are with band members, 2 are with the label, and 1 is unaccounted for. It'll be completing my collection for that band, and getting a major piece for my other collection. I just got so fucking lucky. The piece is so rare that I've never seen it for sale, I've never even seen a picture of it till now, and it's not even on Discogs. Fuck.

WHAT IS IT.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yup.

WHAT IS IT.

Caspian - The Four Trees - LP - Test Press - #7/10

Lavinia - There Is Light Between Us - LP - Test Press #?/10

Got them from Nathan who plays in Lavinia, and did the visual work on Four Trees, You Are The Conductor, Tertia, and more: https://www.discogs.com/artist/763018-Nate-Shumaker?filter_anv=0&subtype=Visual&type=Credits

1 minute ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Damn that's crazy matt, congrats. Wish I had the funds to get that nothing record but hopefully it went to a good home!

It's going to Texan, so I'm sure it is. I wish I didn't have to sell it, but it's worth it. I'll try to grab you a record release one while I'm up there!

11 minutes ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

It's a shame, really. People get hyped up on so much stuff from that era, but Elliott are pretty much forgotten.

Yeah, it is sad because they were legitimately great. I saw them a bunch (their last show included), and I have been really missing them.

I just threw on Song In The Air... which is a pretty album, but it just doesn't have the urgency of any of their previous records.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic