The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

$30 for 1xLP is kind of a bummer but I'm not interested in this one anyway. I hope it's because it's two separate scores and not the new standard pricing.

Don't worry. This isn't the new standard. We sometimes have to flex pricing based on a variety of criteria. Unfortunately, this record is a little bit more expensive to produce than we'd normally prefer it to be.

Don't worry. This isn't the new standard. We sometimes have to flex pricing based on a variety of criteria. Unfortunately, this record is a little bit more expensive to produce than we'd normally prefer it to be.

Thanks, Mo. Quick question: It doesn't look like there are any black vinyl versions/randomly inserted variants of this score; will that be the new standard going forward or will it be on a release by release basis?

Thanks, Mo. Quick question: It doesn't look like there are any black vinyl versions/randomly inserted variants of this score; will that be the new standard going forward or will it be on a release by release basis?

We're trying something new on this one, and a few targeted releases this year. There will be a few releases that come out this year that were already in production before this new initiative, so don't expect any uniformity any time soon... however, part of the transition of Spencer Hickman coming on as label manager is to address some concerns between both labels and come up with solutions that make both casual fans & collectors happy at the same time.

Nice. Thanks for the reply! I think there's been an easy explanation for every high-priced release to date (fancy packaging, etc.) so this one was a little bit of a surprise. I can't imagine the negotiations and accounting that have to go into pricing these things.

We're trying something new on this one, and a few targeted releases this year. There will be a few releases that come out this year that were already in production before this new initiative, so don't expect any uniformity any time soon... however, part of the transition of Spencer Hickman coming on as label manager is to address some concerns between both labels and come up with solutions that make both casual fans & collectors happy at the same time.

Cheers, Mo. You're always a good sport on here. My two cents would be to continue a modest run of black vinyl (if it is financially feasible) for folks interested in maximum AQ. Although I completely understand with releases of this nature that this sort of thing cannot always be the primary concern.

Nice. Thanks for the reply! I think there's been an easy explanation for every high-priced release to date (fancy packaging, etc.) so this one was a little bit of a surprise. I can't imagine the negotiations and accounting that have to go into pricing these things.

Yeah, it's always more complicated than everyone assumes. Working in this industry gives me a ton of respect (that is unfairly not given) to SRC and similar Indies. People are quick to shit on all high price points, but trust me when I say that if possible EVERY label would go cheaper. These are all passion projects, from people who just want to give a fair treatment to their favorite records.

That said, I get it when people are frustrated.

Cheers, Mo. You're always a good sport on here. My two cents would be to continue a modest run of black vinyl (if it is financially feasible) for folks interested in maximum AQ. Although I completely understand with releases of this nature that this sort of thing cannot always be the primary concern.

Truthfully, I think the plan will be to put Black vinyl into indie retail more regularly and make the site exclusive for the fun color way stuff. Don't hold me to that, but that seems to be the way to give everyone what they want.

Truthfully, I think the plan will be to put Black vinyl into indie retail more regularly and make the site exclusive for the fun color way stuff. Don't hold me to that, but that seems to be the way to give everyone what they want.

That seeems...excruciatingly fair. I love it. Will that be the case with this release? Black vinyl to retail?

This is a fantastic idea. I would love to know what I am getting from the site and then I could pick up the standard at my local store.