Unwound Discography Repress

1 hour ago, thetrackt said:

So, I’m about to dip into this but a couple questions...

are the extras cool in each set?

how is the quality of the vinyl?

I still think it’s too good to pass up

I’m on the fence too - the discogs comments said some people had issues with pressings.  

The extras are great. Most Unwound 7”s, Bsides, or rare tracks are similar in quality to album tracks. 

All vinyl was cut and pressed at United, so there are issues. The usual off centered or slightly noisy vinyl. My The Future Of What had non fill on multiple copies. 

Despite the varying degree of issues, the sets are great and totally worth getting. Plus unwound is one of the greatest bands ever, so there’s that.

• 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Bumping this old thread as I have a question. My local store just came into getting four of the box sets that NG did. 

Anyone have all the sets? How many were there? Mind posting a photo? 

Hollah! 

I have the first three with the bonus 12”s. They’re pretty awesome. 3LPs + a cool 20+ page book in each. Nice tip on jackets. There a lot to take in and photo, I’m guessing that’s why no one has gotten around to it on discogs. I was fortunate enough to get all three and the Giant Henry LP when Numero was doing an insane sale. Not sure about pressing numbers, but I’d say 2-3k each.

Personally, I’d say just go for it, if the price is right. I have many Numero box sets and they’re all awesome.

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

I have the first three with the bonus 12”s. They’re pretty awesome. 3LPs + a cool 20+ page book in each. Nice tip on jackets. There a lot to take in and photo, I’m guessing that’s why no one has gotten around to it on discogs. I was fortunate enough to get all three and the Giant Henry LP when Numero was doing an insane sale. Not sure about pressing numbers, but I’d say 2-3k each.

Personally, I’d say just go for it, if the price is right. I have many Numero box sets and they’re all awesome.

I second this. I just got No Energy in today. They’re definitely worth the money. 

5 hours ago, jhulud said:

Bumping this old thread as I have a question. My local store just came into getting four of the box sets that NG did. 

Anyone have all the sets? How many were there? Mind posting a photo? 

Hollah! 

How do you NOT have these? There are 4 total sets. What is it you want to see in the pic(s)? 

These sets were a great value at regular price. As described above the content is great, both musically and physically. The only negative is they were all pressed at United, and sometimes you can tell. 

43 minutes ago, kannibal said:

The only negative is they were all pressed at United, and sometimes you can tell. 

Not the only negative for me. I hated the fact that they didn't use any original artwork on the record sleeves. I recently got rid of the sets and bought originals since the prices have come down a bit. Still, well done and nice comprehensive sets, I'm just a purist when it comes to record sleeves ha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 3:04 AM, Eliminator Jr. said:

Not the only negative for me. I hated the fact that they didn't use any original artwork on the record sleeves. I recently got rid of the sets and bought originals since the prices have come down a bit. Still, well done and nice comprehensive sets, I'm just a purist when it comes to record sleeves ha.

Yes, I can understand your feelings on the sleeves. It doesn’t bother me as these were made as stand alone releases. 

You said you just bought originals. I just looked at OP Repetitions as mine has some strange damage on it* and Discogs listings were from $60-$100! Did you find a better price?

i also want to point out a very small difference in the Repetition reissue. The OP has a lock groove at the end of side 2. Numero reissue cut does not. 

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, BrainGilliams said:

Numero has a stand-alone repressing of Challenge for a Civilized Society on black and a "global" splatter color vinyl.  Has a quick release date of April 23rd.

http://numerogroup.com/products/unwound-challenge-for-a-civilized-society

I've seen a couple listings for a stand-alone of Repetition coming out on that same day, but so far nothing on Numero's website.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/unwound/repetition

2 hours ago, BrainGilliams said:

Numero has a stand-alone repressing of Challenge for a Civilized Society on black and a "global" splatter color vinyl.  Has a quick release date of April 23rd.

http://numerogroup.com/products/unwound-challenge-for-a-civilized-society

I didn’t really want to buy another copy of this, but I felt obligated to due to my constant questioning as to the lack of color vinyl unwound releases. 

53 minutes ago, ex lion tamer said:

I've seen a couple listings for a stand-alone of Repetition coming out on that same day, but so far nothing on Numero's website.

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/unwound/repetition

Interesting. I placed an order the Challenge color stand alone, and will buy a color pressing of this whenever it’s confirmed or appears on the numero website.