THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

It's a quaint boutique eBay shop, like when a small bakery or sandwich shop appropriates their no-budget retail space as a cool quirk (The Broomcloset, Manhole Sweets, Alley Shop, Rollout Blanket on the Boardwalk Bakery).

Or Anne Frank's Bagel Attic?

I'm pretty sure this auction has direct association with Classic, or rather who/what they used to be.., I don't remember the details exactly as this is going back at least 5 years but I believe themusic.com was Classic's distribution arm.

Still a better buy than the remasters.

I can't even..

This guy goes on about the 45 speed and is saying it's basically the same then "Rest assured that you have never heard Stairway to Heaven until you've heard it at 45 rpm!"

I'm so sure

Look at his completed auctions as well. He's rolling in it after selling off his TMR collection.

I can't even..

This guy goes on about the 45 speed and is saying it's basically the same then "Rest assured that you have never heard Stairway to Heaven until you've heard it at 45 rpm!"

I'm so sure

Seller seems to have an extremely basic grasp on the concept of 45rpm LPs... It certainly could have been explained better. Anyone who would drop coin on this knows what it is anyway, so, really just preaching to the choir anyway.

Seller seems to have an extremely basic grasp on the concept of 45rpm LPs... It certainly could have been explained better. Anyone who would drop coin on this knows what it is anyway, so, really just preaching to the choir anyway.

Haha! I didn't even think about that.

The people who are bidding probably know more about the item than the seller does.

He's like "45 is the BEST SPEED!!!!!!1"

And we're like "....ya, we know.."

Serious question: If I have a highly collextable record that is legitimately selling for $150, am I a turd for listing it at that price? Is the proper thing to do to start it at a low number (like $1) and let the current market determine its value? Or should I list it at or close to the original purchase price and not make money off of a record that's been enjoyed, but is no longer needed?

Serious question: If I have a highly collextable record that is legitimately selling for $150, am I a turd for listing it at that price? Is the proper thing to do to start it at a low number (like $1) and let the current market determine its value? Or should I list it at or close to the original purchase price and not make money off of a record that's been enjoyed, but is no longer needed?

Honestly?  Do what you want.  I've listed items at $1 and let the market determine the value, I've sold things via BIN at an average cost or higher, and I've hooked up members for cheap.  It really just depends on how much you need the money, what you're hoping to get, and what the record is worth to you.  Whatever you decide on, you shouldn't need the VC hive-mind to authorize your decision.  It doesn't sound like you're flipping the album, so it's all good.