Chris Carrabba starts Mumford & Sons-Rip Off Band

OP nailed it.  I read about this last night and all I could think was how A. this was going to sound like a Mumford/Avett rip and B. Chris should probably just stick with something.

Listening to it now and I'm legitimately embarrassed.  Fairly certain this song has already been written a thousand times.  I'm all for tossing out some generic music here and there, obviously, considering I'm a huge fan of pop-punk; but Carabba is reminding me of a seventeen year old still struggling to find their identity.  

Years ago: "Man, agressive music with a lot of emotion is really cool, we should do that guys."  

Years later: "So chicks really do dig sad songs on acoustic guitars?"

Months ago: "So this Mumford band, what's their story?"

I'm surprised he's subscribing to such write-by-numbers trite.  

OP nailed it. I read about this last night and all I could think was how A. this was going to sound like a Mumford/Avett rip and B. Chris should probably just stick with something.Listening to it now and I'm legitimately embarrassed. Fairly certain this song has already been written a thousand times. I'm all for tossing out some generic music here and there, obviously, considering I'm a huge fan of pop-punk; but Carabba is reminding me of a seventeen year old still struggling to find their identity. Years ago: "Man, agressive music with a lot of emotion is really cool, we should do that guys." Years later: "So chicks really do dig sad songs on acoustic guitars?"Months ago: "So this Mumford band, what's their story?"I'm surprised he's subscribing to such write-by-numbers trite.

Maybe he's just all about that paycheck and he just had everybody fooled all along. Maybe he never even starved for her!