New Found Glory - Mania LP (Record Store Day 2013 Exclusive)

How are you guys getting screwed over if you got a record you didn't think you were initially going to get?

I guess they feel that since they didn't include in the notes that they'd like an RSD variant if available that they were under the assumption they'd get the pink/black they were ordering.  Either way at this point people should just be happy to have the record.

I dont remember saying that in the listing. I thought it said if you wanted one of the RSD copies, to let them know. Kind of shitty if thats how it went down and they didnt let people know.

This is a quote from Modern Vinyl's link to the pink version. I bolded the important part.

So in my opinion, they are lying, and screwed people over. Feel bad for the people who got shafted.

My sister was able to snag one last second. They sold out right after and hers was the orange variant. Wouldn't be too far fetched that instead of marking it as sold out when the pink ran out, they just sold ALL copies available. thinking more people would request RSD variants (I missed it in my original canceled order, just in such a hurry I didn't read) early on and when that didn't happen they had some left, which is what people got that didn't request. It was probably more of a move for fans that slightly back fired due to variant collectors and picky people. Specially not a way to dick fan, yet people still found a way to bitch about getting a fried press, something many real fans would adore to have.

I'm not bitching, I wanted the pink and got it. But to say the fans are lucky to have gotten anything is bullshit. A lot of people were mislead. There is no reason to stick up for the label on this issue.  Would it have been so hard to have separate pages for the actual RSD release instead of mixing them in? Especially when the picture on their store page that linked to the record showcased the pink version.

Also, if they were less concerned with variant collectors, why make 4 different variants in the first place?

This is exactly what this board has turned into: people bitching about innocuous bullshit. The label thought it was doing people a solid. It's not the label's responsibility to worry about JoeyNFGfan#1 and how many variants he bought. The label gave people who couldn't score an RSD copy the ability to do so and surprised others. It's not a dick move in the least.

If you got a variant that you don't want - trade with someone.

This is exactly what this board has turned into: people bitching about innocuous bullshit. The label thought it was doing people a solid. It's not the label's responsibility to worry about JoeyNFGfan#1 and how many variants he bought. The label gave people who couldn't score an RSD copy the ability to do so and surprised others. It's not a dick move in the least.

this echos my thoughts exactly..

Ug who cares. They tried to accommodate those who asked for RSD variants. Some of the people who asked got some. In the end you got a record. Color should not matter if you want it. The whole point of them selling some on line and the pink variant is that some people missed out yet there are people holding on to all the variants  I am not saying anything against variant collectors but there is just way too much bitching. If you got one (any color) be happy and if you didn't find someone who has an extra willing to sell.

Ug who cares. They tried to accommodate those who asked for RSD variants. Some of the people who asked got some. In the end you got a record. Color should not matter if you want it. The whole point of them selling some on line and the pink variant is that some people missed out yet there are people holding on to all the variants  I am not saying anything against variant collectors but there is just way too much bitching. If you got one (any color) be happy and if you didn't find someone who has an extra willing to sell.

Exactly.

And, realistically, how many people are disappointed about this? Probably 10 or so. A bunch of others are stoked.

Thats easy for someone who frequents a record message board, but not everybody does it.

It seems like this thread is filled with apologists for Bridge 9. Say you ordered a white iPhone, and Apple sent you a black one (Just an example).  Would you be ok with that? I didnt think so...The bottom line is that they misled their customers, and then lied afterwards to make up for the matter. 

Thats easy for someone who frequents a record message board, but not everybody does it.

It seems like this thread is filled with apologists for Bridge 9. Say you ordered a white iPhone, and Apple sent you a black one (Just an example). Would you be ok with that? I didnt think so...The bottom line is that they misled their customers, and then lied afterwards to make up for the matter.

If that happened you could contact someone and get the right color. This is a limited product that was put up for those who missed it. Honestly the only color people should of expected was pink. Even if someone requested they were not guaranteed a blue or a red and variant collectors may be holding on to all 3. People should just enjoy what they have in this case. If someone did end up with an rsd and did not want that color well do a trade or something. B9 got these out fast and were helping those who missed it on RSD.

It seems like this thread is filled with apologists for Bridge 9. Say you ordered a white iPhone, and Apple sent you a black one (Just an example). Would you be ok with that? I didnt think so...The bottom line is that they misled their customers, and then lied afterwards to make up for the matter.

Bad analogy. If you're comparing the scenarios, I'd already have a black iPhone at home. Plus, Apple is a multi-billion dollar business and can easily exchange an item because it has ample stock. B9 had a small quantity.

Anyway, comparing a phone that costs a couple hundred dollars to a record that costs $12 doesn't work.

Additionally, I don't care what color my iPhone is.

I would bet that anyone who is upset about this is already on this board - at least 95 percent anyway. Finding someone to trade with can't be too hard.

I got the pink/black that I ordered, but i'm on the side that it's a bit misleading. I wouldn't have been happy if I got a variant that I already had and it would probably end up on ebay. If they were just going to mix it in to random orders then they should have just put it up as "randomly assorted" as opposed to saying it was pink/black and sending people the other versions if they didn't ask for it.

I got the pink/black that I ordered, but i'm on the side that it's a bit misleading. I wouldn't have been happy if I got a variant that I already had and it would probably end up on ebay. If they were just going to mix it in to random orders then they should have just put it up as "randomly assorted" as opposed to saying it was pink/black and sending people the other versions if they didn't ask for it.

This is true. I got the orange/yellow variant on RSD. I decided to grab the pink/black variant because I thought it looked awesome. B9 shipped me a blue copy. I don't really give a shit, but I wasn't expecting it to be blue. However, if it was the orange/yellow variant that I already had I would have been a bit bummed.

The record is awesome, shut up and listen to it already!

Basically the way this thread is going:

If you didn't get one on RSD the label put more up and you lucked out and got one = awesome!

If you wanted to hoard (for variant collecting or any other purpose) this small one time release and bought two copies and happened to get the same one you already had = Angry label haters!

I have nothing against variant collecters and the label should have made it clearer what they intended to do (maybe they did and people just didn't understand). It's funny people who got a friends press instead of one of three main variants doesn't seem to be complaining too much. Shouldn't those people be angry they didn't get pink/black? I mean who wants a super rare variant instead of what they ordered, right? I'd imagine anyone complaining who didn't get pink/black I bet if you had a clear slipped in it would be a different story. The truth is you got one of these and they are rare and wanted. If you don't want it someone else will and they will be more than happy to pay you cost or more for it. So you're basically holding cash.

To those so angry don't worry you can sell it on ebay for a crap ton and buy something else. Or you can sell it at cost to someone else or trade.