Official OST and Film Score Thread

Awesome! Thanks for posting this! I remember after I watched this movie I was wishing there was a Soundtrack LP.

Not as far as I can tell, probably black if anything.

Actually, I looked the vinyl up on amazon.co.uk and in the descriptions it says which version is which...

http://www.amazon.com/Solaris-O-S-T-Cliff-Martinez/dp/B00FRK59C2/ = Pic Disk

http://www.amazon.com/Solaris-O-S-T-Cliff-Martinez/dp/B00FRK58ZU/ = Black

Nothing about the white so far....

I wonder if 5-10 years from now, there are going to be a lot of people saying, "Why did I spend all that money on so many soundtracks I really don't listen to anymore?" I was excited to get the Poltergeist soundtrack until I listened to it and had to be honest with myself that I wouldn't really listen to it again. Packaging, color, and hype clouded my judgement.

Actually, I looked the vinyl up on amazon.co.uk and in the descriptions it says which version is which...

Good eye! I had pre-ordered the pic disc, canceled and switched to the black copy.

How can you tell the difference? I don't see it

I wonder if 5-10 years from now, there are going to be a lot of people saying, "Why did I spend all that money on so many soundtracks I really don't listen to anymore?" I was excited to get the Poltergeist soundtrack until I listened to it and had to be honest with myself that I wouldn't really listen to it again. Packaging, color, and hype clouded my judgement.

Have you ever heard the Solaris ST? Because it owns and I've been listening to it for years. I spin the Moon ST all the time and if they ever press The Fountain I'll buy literally every single copy and wear them all out.

So fucking bummed I can't afford to pick it up right now. Hopefully the 2nd hand prices don't get out of control.

Have you ever heard the Solaris ST? Because it owns and I've been listening to it for years. I spin the Moon ST all the time and if they ever press The Fountain I'll buy literally every single copy and wear them all out.

So fucking bummed I can't afford to pick it up right now. Hopefully the 2nd hand prices don't get out of control.

No, I haven't, but I will check it out. My comment was mostly just thinking aloud. I feel like labels are riding this strange wave of soundtrack record buying and milking it for all it's worth. People seem to wet their pants for ANYTHING Mondo puts out. They make it such a collector's item and it doesn't come cheap. I wonder if in 20 years, people will be looking through the Goodwill bins and finding copies of Drive and Poltergeist instead of My Fair Lady or The Rose.

No, I haven't, but I will check it out. My comment was mostly just thinking aloud. I feel like labels are riding this strange wave of soundtrack record buying and milking it for all it's worth. People seem to wet their pants for ANYTHING Mondo puts out. They make it such a collector's item and it doesn't come cheap. I wonder if in 20 years, people will be looking through the Goodwill bins and finding copies of Drive and Poltergeist instead of My Fair Lady or The Rose.

I agree, the Mondo stuff is ridiculous!

It is ridiculous, I'll admit. But it is exactly the collectability aspect that is likely to keep it out of the clearance bins. It's the packaging, the perceived care, etc.  It's a lot easier to throw away a flimsy one sleeve 100 gram record than it is to throw away a gatefold limited colored release on 2 slabs of 180 gram...

Anything is possible. That said, you're right to an extent... I pick up Mondo releases regardless, but the only releases that don't and won't get play time from me are The Raid and Timecrimes. I play all the other releases on a regular basis - and I buy OSTs not released by Mondo as well. AND listen to them!

Just different tastes.

Mondo definitely does quality releases, but come on, Timecrimes (other random movies etc.) ? Random insert? And, 180 Gram is nice but is ALSO a way to bring up the price along with other factors. I have plenty of standard weight vinyl that sound great. I kind of prefer when the label or movie company puts out a standard soundtrack rather than these new "specialty" labels because they will press sufficient amounts and I can get it on my time not "limited time."

It is ridiculous, I'll admit. But it is exactly the collectability aspect that is likely to keep it out of the clearance bins. It's the packaging, the perceived care, etc. It's a lot easier to throw away a flimsy one sleeve 100 gram record than it is to throw away a gatefold limited colored release on 2 slabs of 180 gram...

Anything is possible. That said, you're right to an extent... I pick up Mondo releases regardless, but the only releases that don't and won't get play time from me are The Raid and Timecrimes. I play all the other releases on a regular basis - and I buy OSTs not released by Mondo as well. AND listen to them!

Just different tastes.

It still blows my mind/makes me so sad that you don't listen to The Raid soundtrack! It might possibly be my favorite Mondo one yet!