Official OST and Film Score Thread

I gotta say, the one thing that pisses me off buying OST's is that due to the nature of the music, any bad pressings/surface noise is way more noticeable and totally ruins the experience. I just picked up Max Richter's 'The Leftovers' - $50 AUD for a single LP. The quality seems really great...180g, completely flat..nice clean looking vinyl. 2nd track in and I get severe surface noise that pops up way over the music. This continues sporadically over the duration. Ugh. Had similar issues with others also and really makes me think twice about vinyl for scores.

Yup, I had the same issue with Waxwork's release of the Trick r Treat soundtrack (the candy corn colored pressing). Bar none the single noisiest new record I've ever bought. 

I'm going to give it a bath here one day since I've got this new RCM and see if that helps at all, but I'm not too hopeful.

Yup, I had the same issue with Waxwork's release of the Trick r Treat soundtrack (the candy corn colored pressing). Bar none the single noisiest new record I've ever bought.

I'm going to give it a bath here one day since I've got this new RCM and see if that helps at all, but I'm not too hopeful.

ya I tried that and no real change. Bought this version when it went onsale and tried to get in touch with waxwork but after half a dozen emails I threw in the towel. Still need to get another version....sucks since I was looking forward to this release and could barely listen to 2 songs with all the noise!

Im a few episodes into Mr. Robot and I really want an OST for it. The combination of different moods and styles, classical, synth, 8bit, everything is awesome. The score to this show rules really hard, I hope a company like Milan or Mondo gets their hands on the rights to press it.

ya I tried that and no real change. Bought this version when it went onsale and tried to get in touch with waxwork but after half a dozen emails I threw in the towel. Still need to get another version....sucks since I was looking forward to this release and could barely listen to 2 songs with all the noise!

Yeah, same here. Sides A/B/D are mostly listenable, but side C is a mess. 

hoping for braveheart

I was actually just thinking of this soundtrack earlier. One of my favorite movies when it came out and the soundtrack was a huge part of it. The movie hasn't aged so well, but the score is still beautiful.

Email today about a new colored pressing of Carpenter's The Fog. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

Order

http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/the-fog/?mc_cid=76fb4ab15b&mc_eid=6bce5bb926

Photo

https://mobile.twitter.com/transmissionwax/status/641657215758266368/photos

Email today about a new colored pressing of Carpenter's The Fog. Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

Order

http://transmissionrecords.co.uk/shop/the-fog/?mc_cid=76fb4ab15b&mc_eid=6bce5bb926

Photo

https://mobile.twitter.com/transmissionwax/status/641657215758266368/photos

Looks like an identical tracklist to the DWRC release, just with LP 1 and 2 reversed.  Will probably hold off on this.....probably.

I'm really hoping since the new Star Wars is coming out this year that they repress the originals. I Am Shark has done Episode 1 and they say 2 and 3 will be out this year. And John Williams is doing The Force Awakens so I'd be down to pick that up in a heartbeat as well.

But yeah: I'd love to get an "update" on the original trilogy. Add some extra music... new artwork... stuff like that.