Official OST and Film Score Thread

Haven't seen this here or in its own thread.

Elliott Smith - Heaven Adores you (soundtrack to a documentary about him). Available for pre-order at Amazon etc. Expensive.

Have a listen:

http://www.npr.org/2016/01/27/464463273/first-listen-elliott-smith-heaven-adores-you

Anyone have any luck on returns/replacements from Invada? I've gotten some bumped corners etc from them but jesus my Bone Tomahawk looks like it was bent in half.

They were very good when I got damaged sleeves. That said, they sent the records not in a box, but in a bunch of stiffeners bent and taped together to resemble a box, which is very not so good in the first place.

How was the music in Bone Tomahawk anyways? Worth a listen on it's own? I haven't seen it yet.

I'll say this - I recently got the US press of the Hateful Eight soundtrack and it's easily one of the nicest put-together records I've ever seen. The wax is thick and sounds flat and quiet - really nice sounding - the gatefold is a triple gatefold with pictures of the characters, a letter from quentin about the vinyl itself, and it has a ton of fold-out posters, a full color booklet of images from the film... they really put this thing together with love.

If anyone's having second thoughts on it, it's really, really nice.

Forrest Gump on MOV in March.

I don't understand this one anymore than the US 3LP version from a while back. This soundtrack is a collection of non-exclusive music that can be found in the dollar bins if you were so inclined to hear it. For the price of this score, one could buy most of the albums these songs come from. Barring this being someone's favorite CD from their childhood, I don't get it at all. Make a Spotify playlist, listen to it twice, and forget it exists. Boom I just saved you $40.

How was the music in Bone Tomahawk anyways? Worth a listen on it's own? I haven't seen it yet.

Killer music and a killer movie, but...

There is maybe 2minutes of music in that film. 

I think the score is about 25 minutes of music, but it's a totally valid point. I will wait to see what LITA is charging before committing to this LP. If it's in $30-40 import range, zero chance. If it's in the low twenties, I'd consider it. I've listened to a digital copy several times.

Atomic OST with music produced by Mogwai has gone up on Temporary Residence here. A "Nuclear Splatter" variant limited to 1,000 copies is up right now and I think it complements the album artwork nicely. A couple singles from the album are streaming now:

https://soundcloud.com/temporary-residence-ltd-1/mogwai-ether

https://soundcloud.com/rock-action-records/mogwai-u-235