Fuckin' USPS' Network Distribution Centers: the thread.

This happened ot me with a package jkelly sent to me.

I followed up for weeks on the phone and in person with the post office ultimately culminating in them accusing me of probably taking the package and if it says it's delivered it's delivered so that's the end of it.

It showed up back at jkelly's residence last week 4 months later marked "Return to Sender" in perfect condition.

thanks for the info. it is beyond confusing and very frustrating. i dont understand where it could be. hopefully it works out like yours where it goes back to sender.

the first person i talked to at the post office was rude as hell (what a surprise) said they would call me back and just never did. the guy i talked to today was helpful then said he would talk to mail carrier but if they dont remember it or know anything about it the only thing i can do is go to the authorities to report people stealing mail?  seems like its drastic and if i went  to the cops they would just laugh at me and say they will "look into it"  

its crazy that if the post office screws up they do nothing to right the wrong, but not surprised...

Yeah, they told me the dude who "delivered" it was in vacation for 2 weeks and when he gets back they can ask him if he remembers delivering it.

I couldn't believe that their solution was "wait two weeks then ask a guy who delivers packages for a living if he remembers delivering a package 2 weeks ago" fuck off haha

I end up having some of my regular mail and half or more of the usps shipped packages mis-delivered two houses down because my post office/mail sorters/carrier can't differentiate between 11441 and 11411. The lady that lives at that house is constantly bringing mis-delivered shit down to me. Sometimes if I am expecting a package on a certain day I'll just walk down to their house and it'll be sitting next to their door so I'll just grab it. What's really weird is they only fuck up stuff that should go to me... I have never gotten any of her mail.

So, this was supposed to be delivered to me today in Florida.  Made it to Jacksonville over the weekend, then took a slight detour

usps_zps2a41cb1a.jpg

What's up with the Jacksonville PO?  My TBR boxset processed through there and departed on the 22nd, then updated that it was processing through there again on the 25th.  This is one package I would not like any drama with.  Unlike this gem they delivered yesterday:

OaSg2vL.jpg

So, this was supposed to be delivered to me today in Florida. Made it to Jacksonville over the weekend, then took a slight detour

usps_zps2a41cb1a.jpg

I had a package from ny (I live in Austin tx) get to Dallas then go to California where it said processed and departed 9 times before it got to me. Took 3.5 weeks

Anyone ever have a ups delivery say delivered at your front door. And it not be there ?

It said 10:30 yesterday morning but I was home all day and no one knocked... My dogs go nuts at any knock... I looked around out front around back all about and nothing. Neighbors got nothing. The lady at ups I spoke to said let the shipper (bags unlimited) know and they'll file an investigation.

So really what I want to know is am I out $75 ? :(

Anyone ever have a ups delivery say delivered at your front door. And it not be there ?

It said 10:30 yesterday morning but I was home all day and no one knocked... My dogs go nuts at any knock... I looked around out front around back all about and nothing. Neighbors got nothing. The lady at ups I spoke to said let the shipper (bags unlimited) know and they'll file an investigation.

It's highly possible ups just hung onto the package. And will try again Friday.

what is with the Astoria Queens sorting facility (in NY) and why does every package I have coming from Brooklyn or NYC go there to sit for 2 weeks before it even gets moved to the next destination? this is the 3rd big ticket (~$100) record I've had go through there this year and it has not moved since Nov 23. I'm only in Philly - it shouldn't take more than 2-3 tops for anything to get to my house from NY.

Happened to me yesterday. Arrived today.

This happened to me with an order from about a month ago but I only recently noticed. I had a package shipped to my girlfriend's parent's house (i was in the US for a few weeks and figured it'd be more reliable than shipping to the apartment we were staying at) and when she went back this past weekend for the holidays I asked if she could pick up the package but she said that they never received it. 

Is there anything I can do in this situation? It's been a month and was apparently "delivered" so I'm not too hopeful but it does suck to think that I might've just thrown $25 away. 

what is with the Astoria Queens sorting facility (in NY) and why does every package I have coming from Brooklyn or NYC go there to sit for 2 weeks before it even gets moved to the next destination? this is the 3rd big ticket (~$100) record I've had go through there this year and it has not moved since Nov 23. I'm only in Philly - it shouldn't take more than 2-3 tops for anything to get to my house from NY.

Ha! I live in Astoria. I'll tell those fucks to get their shit together.

I had the ups man put my sons phone that I got him for Christmas a couple years ago in my mailbox across the street after I had already picked up the mail that day. Said it was delivered to my front door. It wasn't until the day after Christmas that I found it in the mailbox. Needless to say, my son's Christmas was kinda ruined.

Well. Waiting on a record that was shipped on 11/23 from Australia. I'm in Texas. Still don't understand it's route.

December 6, 2013
Depart USPS Sort Facility
COPPELL, TX 75099 

December 5, 2013 , 10:40 pm
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
COPPELL, TX 75099 

December 5, 2013 , 10:05 am
FORT WORTH, TX 76105 

December 5, 2013 , 10:02 am
FORT WORTH, TX 76105 

December 5, 2013 , 3:08 am
FORT WORTH, TX 76161 

December 2, 2013 , 9:20 am
Sorting Complete
WACO, TX 76706 

December 2, 2013 , 4:55 am
Forwarded
WACO, TX 

December 2, 2013 , 4:53 am
WACO, TX 76706 

December 2, 2013 , 4:08 am
Arrival at Unit
WACO, TX 76706 

December 2, 2013
FORT WORTH, TX 76161 

December 1, 2013 , 12:20 pm
FORT WORTH, TX 76161 

November 29, 2013
CHICAGO, IL 60701 

November 29, 2013 , 1:04 am
CHICAGO, IL 60701 

November 27, 2013 , 10:36 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) 
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

November 26, 2013 , 7:21 am
Processed Through Sort Facility
BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA

November 23, 2013 , 9:28 am
Acceptance
AUSTRALIA

Hasn't updated since 12/06 and I know there isn't a mistake in the address considering the shipper printed it off of PayPal. Hopefully by the time this eventually gets to me (4 hours away from Dallas) it won't be TOO beat up. :/

I dropped off a Came Out Swinging 7 inch at a drop off box for a guy on this forum in June with a printed label.

Somehow, USPS never received it. The shipping information to this day has not been updated, it still says "electronic shipping info received." I called my local post office a few weeks after it happened, expecting a call back from the lady who said she would investigate it, I never got one.

It was really frustrating because I wasn't backed by paypal buying/selling protection due to the funds having been sent via gift. So was out $20 and a rather rare record.

I feel like someone stole it or it is still in the drop off box because the mail carriers are supposed to scan packages when they pick them up. So the guy may have forgot to scan it and it's lost somewhere... either way it sucks.

Hey guys, 

Need some advice. I've always seemed to have good luck (sending and receiving) using USPS. Well, I feel like my luck has finally run out. I sent a record out on 12/9 media mail with tracking and it hasn't moved from " Acceptance Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 1:54pm" & then "Dispatched to Sort Facility Round Rock, TX 12/9/13 9:13pm" 

The lady that I talked to when I went up to the post office said that my package should have been on the truck that has already delivered all of those packages. She told me to go to USPS.com and fill something out for them to get to the bottom of it? I don't understand. Has anyone else ever had to do this before? Is there anywhere that they can investigate what happened? 

She said within another week I can then contact the mail recovery center and see if they can help. 

What the hell should I do?