Touche Amore "Is Survived By" LP coming 09.24.13

This sidetracked discussion reminds me of my first college roommate. The kid, Chad, was from Minnesota. Super cool dude and into music. One weekend into maybe 2-3 weeks of our first semester (we lived on-campus in the dorms) he asked me if I wanted to order a pie for dinner. Now. Being Latino and never really had that many friends from up north living in Florida, I had no idea what he was talking about. I am thinking this guy is crazy for wanting a pie for dinner. To me, and many more people, a pie is a dessert. So I'm wondering if he's talking about apple pie or cherry pie. Needless to say, I got schooled on pie meaning pizza pie. As well as pop being soda later on that same evening. 

Fuckin' Northerners. Y'all a bunch of weirdos. And yet I was the one being told to speak English or get out of the U.S. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

This sidetracked discussion reminds me of my first college roommate. The kid, Chad, was from Minnesota. Super cool dude and into music. One weekend into maybe 2-3 weeks of our first semester (we lived on-campus in the dorms) he asked me if I wanted to order a pie for dinner. Now. Being Latino and never really had that many friends from up north living in Florida, I had no idea what he was talking about. I am thinking this guy is crazy for wanting a pie for dinner. To me, and many more people, a pie is a dessert. So I'm wondering if he's talking about apple pie or cherry pie. Needless to say, I got schooled on pie meaning pizza pie. As well as pop being soda later on that same evening. 

Fuckin' Northerners. Y'all a bunch of weirdos. And yet I was the one being told to speak English or get out of the U.S. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. 

I was about to come in here and say this, except Chicago. North = Pop, South = Soda.

Pop just reminds me of N*SYNC.

http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/48vp8f/comedy-central-presents-let-s-split-a-pie?xrs=share_red